[Support request] PAGE HEADER Issues: Featured Image Not Displaying + "Undefined" Template Tags

Home Forums Support [Support request] PAGE HEADER Issues: Featured Image Not Displaying + "Undefined" Template Tags

Home Forums Support PAGE HEADER Issues: Featured Image Not Displaying + "Undefined" Template Tags

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Caitlin Shannon

Hi!

I just migrated a client’s website from a demo server to a live GoDaddy server. I am having some weird issues with the Page Header.

When I go to set up a Page Header to automatically display the title of the post over the featured image, all of the template tags are listed as “undefined” and it won’t pull the featured image — just shows the overlay color.

I’m using the GeneratePress Theme, GeneratePress Premium Plugin, and Beaver Builder.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much!

Screenshots of Page Header Set-up Page, Blog Post Editor, and Blog Post Preview:

Screen_Shot_2018_06_18_at_8_17_26_PM

Screen_Shot_2018_06_18_at_8_17_52_PM

Screen_Shot_2018_06_18_at_8_18_15_PM

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s really weird – how did you do the migration?

The undefined part means that something on the site is trying to render those template tags inside the input fields. Perhaps there’s a plugin conflict causing that one?

Caitlin Shannon

Hey, Tom! Thanks for your reply.

I almost always use All-In-One WP Migration, but for some reason it wasn’t working with this client’s site (of course), so I moved it manually via FTP. I’m assuming something went awry during that process because she has a LARGE site with lots of pieces, but I can’t seem to track down the issue or how to fix it.

I’ve tried using a DB Search/Replace tool and I’ve regenerated thumbnails, just in case. The featured images show up if I DON’T use the Page Header, but don’t show up IN the Page Header. Really weird.

If I open the featured image in a new window, the URL appears to be correct and hosted on the site as it should be (for instance, “http://www.fearfultofit.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMAGEFILE.jpg”)

Any ideas on what I could check or look into to resolve? I’ve never had this happen before!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It sounds like something was corrupted during the database migration – how did you do that part?

I would suggest re-doing the migration. You can use a plugin like Duplicator, which allows you to do the files manually, then use the plugin for the database. That will prevent any sort of database issues.

Caitlin Shannon

Oh geez. Just noticed that the development site that I migrated FROM has the same issue. I wonder if it’s an issue has been present for a while, but I didn’t see it until I installed GP Premium to use Page Headers. Her site was initially migrated from Squarespace to WP, so I wonder if something happened during that time. I’ll have to dig deeper. Thanks for your help, Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When I look for the background image, the URL doesn’t seem to be printing at all.

In your screen, it says you’re currently using the featured image, but nothing is showing up in the featured image box. Perhaps the images were moved from their original location? What happens if you re-upload the image?

Caitlin Shannon

Tom, that’s strange! Good to know. I just uploaded a new image and it still didn’t seem to load it. Without the Page Header turned on, the image appears at the top of the post (as a static image), but when I load the Page Header, it’s still not populating. There must be a disconnect somewhere? So strange.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try deactivating your other plugins one by one to check for a conflict?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.