[Resolved] page header issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] page header issue

Home Forums Support page header issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert Seidman

Tom,

Congrats on the theme! Been playing w/it for a few days and enjoying the learning process.

I have a preference for using the page header rather than inserting images into the post but that’s because I like the image at the top above the headline (w/image inside the post container).

But using page header there is no metadata about the image in the page source. I’m not yet sure if there’s any downside to that search engine-wise,but there’s a definite downside as far as open graph tags and pushing posts to twitter, facebook, etc where posts show up w/o a thumbnail image.

I couldn’t figure out a way around that, and I also couldn’t figure out how to get the image above the headline both in the posts and the masonry tiles by inserting images into posts the normal way. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Robert

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Robert,

If you want to add more attributes to your images, you can use the “Content” tab of the Page Header.

This allows you to add whatever tags you may need with your images using HTML.

As for your second question – our Blog add-on has an option where you can place the post image above the title using the Customizer.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Robert Seidman

Thanks Tom.

I want to avoid having to manually attribute images for every post, so the other method sounds better. But…

The first thing I tried was using the customizer under Blog/Post Image with Post Image set to “show” and post image position set to “above header” but that didn’t work. Is there somewhere else I need to do that?

Thanks again,

Robert

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What attributes would you want to add to the image tags out of curiosity?

The post image options in the Customizer apply to post images in the blog post excerpts on the blog page – is that where you’re trying to move them above the headline?

Robert Seidman

Ah. I had blog set to “full blog posts” rather than excerpts because when I had it on excerpt no picture showed up. But that’s because I was inserting images into posts directly instead of not doing that and just setting the featured image.

That’s a bit different than what I’m used to, but it works like a charm and is fine as far as the open graph tags grabbing the images and passing to social media using things like Jetpack’s publicize tool.

It also isn’t any more work than inserting images directly into the posts. Perfect!

Thanks,

Robert

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, that makes sense.

When using the excerpt view, you need to use the Featured Image option, or select the “Add image to post excerpt” checkbox in the Page Header metabox.

Glad you found a solution that works for you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.