[Resolved] Page Header image does not appear on page with active Section

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Header image does not appear on page with active Section

Home Forums Support Page Header image does not appear on page with active Section

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    NBC

An experiment with Sections has gone awry.

I inserted an image into the page header.

In the content meta box, I typed a CSS comment to bring up the rest of the options, and activated the “Add background image” option. (I later replaced the CSS comment with a space because the comment appears when the page loads and looks weird.)

Under “Advanced,” I activated the “Merge with site header” option.

The Section content includes two lines of text with CSS styling.

The Settings include two padding values (150 top and 250 bottom, both in pixels).

The overall site settings include no background image anywhere.

When I preview the page, I can see the header (logo and menu) and the Section text, but the Page Header image does not appear.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So the page header is displaying, but the image background isn’t? Have you enabled the “Add background image” option?

NBC

Yes, the “Add background image” option is active.

Please see as follows:
    Image settings
    Content settings
    Advanced settings
    Section content
    Section settings

Note that the “Content title” option is active under “Disable elements.”

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You need to have some content in the content field in order for the options to work.

Try adding some HTML comment instead of CSS comment:
    <!--This is a comment. Comments are not displayed in the browser-->

NBC

Got it. I thought you could delete the comment once the options became visible.

I have added a comment as appropriate. Now, the image appears only under the site header area, not far enough down the page that the white Section type becomes visible over the dark area of the image.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Little hard to tell without seeing the site.

Is full screen enabled?

NBC

Sorry, I don’t see that option. Which screen/tab?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    NBC

I activated the full-screen option. No change. The header is merged, so that won’t work, at least not according to the notes on the page you referenced.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide a link to your site?

NBC

This is being developed under localhost. I’m not sure how I can share this without upsetting the client.

It takes me about an hour to set up a (hopefully still hidden) subdomain and export/import the site code.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not sure I understand – are you wanting the page header background image to reach down into the first section of the website?

NBC

Yes! I need a page-specific background image. If I add the image to the Body settings, it appears on every page.

(BTW, ever considered adding a “Duplicate page” option so complex sets of settings could be duplicated instead of recreated?)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, in that case I would just use my Simple CSS plugin: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

Then you can use the CSS meta box on specific pages to add your page specific body background:

body {
        background-image: url( 'URL TO YOUR IMAGE' );
    }

There’s quite a few duplicate page plugins out there currently that are quite good 🙂

NBC

Thank you, Tom! On my way to d/l and install.

Can you have a background image defined for the overall site and still make page-specific exceptions using CSS?

(Fingers crossed. I’d like to add one if I can.)

And yes, I’ve seen the duplicators. Just thought that might qualify as core functionality.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.