[Support request] Page Header Font?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page Header Font?

Home Forums Support Page Header Font?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lee

Hey guys,

Can you please tell me how to change the font size and the alignment for Page header fonts. When I alter H1, it doesnt alter the main page headers?

Many thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in your Typography settings you should see the H1 and the H1 Single content Title.
    Do you have both of those set ? As the latter one is what will override the H1 for your single pages / posts

Lee

I have four options that I could update:

Combine CSS
    Cache Dynamic CSS
    Dynamic Typography
    Smooth Control

Is it recommended that I update all four options?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Only the Dynamic Typography option an actual update. The others are options that you can enabled if required, i would suggest enabling: Combine CSS – and leaving the rest as they are.

Lee

Brilliant! Absolutely love Dynamic Typography.

Just going back to the original post, is there a way I can selectively create a larger H1 font size for one page only? I want a H1 header in a large font on my homepage with selective keywords. But on every other page on the website, I want the H1 font to be smaller.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome 🙂
    So with the Dynamic Typography -> Add Typography in the Target Element list there is one called Custom. Selecting that shows the Enter custom CSS selector. field.

Here you can do your own custom CSS Selectors. eg.

.home h1

And then set the font styles you want for the H1 on the home page ( which has the home body class ).

You’re alternative, for the home page as that is built with GenerateBlocks is to swap the Heading block you have for your H1 to a GenerateBlocks Headline Block, as that has a wealth of responsive controls.

Lee

Thanks for this David,

Can I just ask. Do you think swapping the regular h1 to a custom .home h1 might effect the homepage SEO ranking at all?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No, its quite common to have different H1 styles for different pages and purposes.
    In fact GP Customizer > Typography provides two H1 styling options, theres:

the default Heading H1 which is the global style
    and then theres the Single Content Title H1 which allows you to override the global style on single posts and pages.

This allows users to differentiate the styles used on archives to that used on single posts.

You will also see many designs where the home page or other static pages have very custom designs.

Lee

Amazing! Just what I needed to hear. Thanks David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.