[Support request] Page Header Erasing Blog Section

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page Header Erasing Blog Section

Home Forums Support Page Header Erasing Blog Section

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Francisca

Hi, Everyone. A few months ago I created a blog for my website. At the beginning I created a Page Header with GeneratePress, but then decided I was not going to use it so I deleted it. Every now and then the page header “resucitates” and erases my blog page. This is easily fixed by updating the page, but the problem is that I have no clue when it is about to happen and content marketing is crucial for our company.

The page should look like this: blog working

But when the page header comes back from death it looks like this: blog not working

I appreciate any guidance you could give me on this issue. Thanks!

GP Premium 1.7.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So this just happens sometimes? That’s really weird. Haven’t had others reported this before.

I just checked the blog page and not seeing the page header or the code for it so it’s bit hard to debug.

Is that page header already deleted?

Francisca

Yes, the page header is already deleted.

Do you think it could be fixed by creating a new blog page and transferring my posts there? Any suggestion on how to do it without losing the changes I’ve made with CSS?

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I don’t think that will help but again I’m not sure what could be causing this.

Perhaps a caching issue? Any caching plugins?

Can you let us know when it happens again?

Francisca

No caching plugin. Should I have one?

I’ll do my best to post here the next time it happens, but since we’re frequently posting content the page has to be up all the time.

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Caching plugins are not required. I was just wondering as it’s the only thing that I can think of that would cause something like this.

Francisca

Hi. I Found the common denominator for this problem: it happens every time I make changes to a page on the public site and publish them.

Any idea on what might be the cause?

I have to fix my public site as soon as this happens as we do a lot of content marketing, but you can take a look at my staging site: http://www-dev.myhotel.com.es/blog/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So that page doesn’t look like it’s been assigned as the posts page in Settings > Reading. On your staging site, is there a page set as the posts page?

Francisca

It is assigned. Here’s a screenshot of my settings: settings screenshot

The way I see it, it looks like the site “forgets” that’s the posts page whenever I made new changes a page.

I am using Elementor to create most of my static content. Could that be interferring?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s certainly something interfering – that’s default WP functionality.

Can you reproduce it with all of your other plugins deactivated?

Francisca

I tried that. It seems to happen whenever I do changes with Elementor. I deactivated it and made changes to pages with the WP Editor and the blog didn’t dissapear.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It may be something to report to them.

They’ll likely ask you to try with no other plugins activated and with one of the Twenty-x themes activated, so it might be worth trying that first to rule out conflicts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.