[Resolved] Page Header: Different paddings (bottom & top)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Page Header: Different paddings (bottom & top)

Home Forums Support Page Header: Different paddings (bottom & top)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Heiko

Hello!

For some headers I would like to have different paddings for bottom and top. I tried to insert it with a whitespace in between, but this does not work. The different page headers do also not have an ID so I could override the settings with CSS. I did find a suitable class .page-header-content-container, but this is for all headers.

So how can I set a different padding / margin for top and bottom for some page headers and not for all?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Heiko

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If you use Tom’s Simple CSS plugin, it gives you a CSS metabox for each page then you can add in page specific CSS in there: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/#simple-css

Or can add a page-id selector like this: .page-id-xxx .page-header-content-container

Let me know if this helps.

Heiko

Hi!

Thanks for this interesting solution. This plugin really is useful because I did not discover it yet. BUT it did not solve my problem. With Simple CSS oder the page-id-selector I would have to add the code by hand for every single page, where I want to have the alignments. That would be a huge workload. I really like the “global headers”, so I do NOT have to set headers and styles for each single page, custom post type or whatever.

It would be much more easy if

1. I had the possibility to set different values for bottom and top in the page headers.
    2. GeneratePress would give every page header an unique ID.
    3. I could set an unique ID to my page headers.

Is one of these points a possible future feature? πŸ™‚

Regards,
    Heiko

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

3 is in the plan for sure: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/gp-page-headers-custom-classes/#post-394277

I also like the idea of 1&2. Will definitely let Tom know πŸ™‚

Heiko

Ok, thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for the suggestions πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.