[Support request] Page header: Can't insert shortcode for a 'Spot'

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page header: Can't insert shortcode for a 'Spot'

Home Forums Support Page header: Can't insert shortcode for a 'Spot'

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Hiya, I can see that shortcodes work in the Page Header ‘content’ section, but when I try to use one to show the content of a ‘Spot’ (‘Spots’ plugin) it just displays the shortcode notation. (I’m trying to use a Spot as it has the TinyMCE features for editing). Is this something I can fix at your end, or should I contact them? Cheers!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Andy,

No actions is needed to enable shortcode on GP’s end.
    Make sure the shortcode has a function attached to it in order for it to render.

Let me know if this helps.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A good way to test is using it in your regular content.

Andy

Hi Leo and Tom – thanks for the reply… the shortcode works fine when added to the main page content inside the TinyMCE box, but not in the Page Header box: See this test site: https://inspiredbusinessmarketing.com/dev/demo/test-page/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I could be wrong but “This is the content inside the ‘Spot’ looks like it’s inserted in the content?
    It doesn’t have any of the plug’s class/ID that I can see…

Andy

Hi Leo – not sure I follow… I have added the shortcode [icitspot id=”20″] to BOTH the Page Header box and the page’s main TinyMCE edit box. So when the page is displayed, the main content shows what it should (the text: “This is the content inside the ‘Spot’”), but where I added the shortcode to the Page Header content box it just shows the shortcode text in white. I don’t understand how the shortcode works in one place but not the other.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Huh, that’s strange.

Can you share the function you’re using to create the shortcode?

Andy

Hi Tom – it’s the shortcode to insert a ‘spot’ from the ‘Spots’ plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/spots/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, not sure why it wouldn’t work, as the page header textarea runs through the do_shortcode() WordPress function.

Might be worth asking the developer of that plugin if it will only run inside the WP content and no where else.

Andy

Okay – will do. Thank you for looking, Tom 🙂

Edit: I have been able to get this to work by creating a custom shortcode to insert the Spot (with a parameter of the Spot’s name), but this relies on the user (client) typing it all in correctly. I shall persevere with the plugin authors.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Must be something in their plugin preventing it.

Let me know what they say 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.