[Support request] Page design can only be seen on mobile website

Home Forums Support [Support request] Page design can only be seen on mobile website

Home Forums Support Page design can only be seen on mobile website

• This topic has 17 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ying.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Reuben

Hi, my website homepage looks like this when I design it Designed Page, but it looks like this when I try to view it on my laptop: Actual Turnout. The thing is, it shows fine when I view it on my mobile phone, so I’m wondering if it’s a problem with only my laptop? Would be greatly appreciated if you could go the site and let me know if this is a problem only on my laptop, and regardless whether it is a problem only on my laptop, how can I fix it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the site looks good across all my devices. This looks like a caching issue.
    First try purging the SG Cache, and clearing your browser caches.
    If the issue persists – disable the SG Cache and view the site in an Incognito/Private browser.

Let us know

Reuben

Hey David,

Thanks for helping me check, when I view it in an incognito browser, it actually works fine, so I’m glad that it will turn up well on other people’s devices. However, after purging the SG Cache and clearing browser cache, it still doesn’t work, so should I disable the SG Cache and then reactivate it? Will it work fine after that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you disable the SG cache and then re-enable it may be enough to clear the cached file that your non-private browser is still requesting.

You may also need to check the SG Caches server settings – for example if Logged In User caches are enabled – they can cause a headache.

Reuben

Hey David,

It still doesn’t solve the issue, what else can I do?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What does it look like if you Log in to the site in an incognito browser?

If it looks ok – then its just the laptops localStorage/Cache holding onto something. And clearing cookies, caches and a reboot can fix that.

If it looks broken – then it suggests that there is page caching for Logged In users. And that needs clearing. Which is something you will need to ask SG about.

Reuben

Hey David, it actually looks fine in incognito, and I know how to clear cookies and caches, but what do you mean by reboot?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Reboot the computer. Restart the computer. Turn it off and on again 🙂

Reuben

Oh ok, thanks David, I’ll try that and get back to you if it still doesn’t work!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK

Reuben

Hey David, it still doesn’t work unfortunately, what should I do now?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does it look correct when you disable the SG Optimizer ?

Reuben

No it does not

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK just to be clear this is what i see on all my desktop/laptop devices:

2022-03-29_11-48-24

Which i assume is correct. Hopefully that provides some comfort that the rest of the world sees what you expect to see.

Can you share a temporary admin login to the site? I can then check to see if there are logged in user caching causing an issue.

You can share the login details in the private info field.

Reuben

Ok sure David, thank you so much for helping me out, the login details are in the Private Information area.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.