[Resolved] Page building optimized for performance

Home Forums Support Page building optimized for performance

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Adam

Hi, we try to optimize our woocommerce website for speed, but we still need to have some components implemented like: hero banner with heading and button, accordion, two-column text-image with image always on the top on mobile etc. We consider using Gutenberg, Classic Editor (hmm) or something else. Can you recommend options implement or have this kind of components in the way it has the lowest performance cost? Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you provide an example of what you are trying to achieve?

There isn’t any built-in accordion in GP or Gutenberg so that will likely need to come from a plugin.

Adam

Hi Leo,

yes, we need some plugin to have these features.

We want to build front page with hero banner, two column image + text responsive rows, maybe some basic carousel, accordion. We don’t need any animations.

The goal is to have woocommerce front page that loads in 2 sec, at least it’s ATF content. We are looking for some minimalistic solution to have components mentioned above.

We are open to any recommendations.

ps. We wouldn’t put accordion on front page, but we want to have it in our disposal for FAQ page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

These questions are difficult for us to answer as we don’t really know your comfort level with coding.

For columns, I like Gutenberg columns but it’s limited in some ways.

I would recommend starting with Gutenberg and see if you can get that to work – it often requires custom CSS solutions depending on what you are hoping to achieve.

A page builder like Beaver Builder or Elementor might be worth considering too.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Adam

Hi Leo, I’m very comfort with coding.

We did this way in the past but Elementor produces too heavy HTML to accept.

I think, I will stick to Gutenberg and try to get the most of it.

Do you have any opinion about Page Builder by SiteOrigin produced markdown?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have any opinion about Page Builder by SiteOrigin produced markdown?

No I don’t unfortunately. Our recommendation for page builder is usually Beaver Builder – the main reason being that their support is pretty good.

Adam

Ok, thanks. Yes, support is of critical importance when it comes to plugins and themes.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.