[Resolved] padding problems

Home Forums Support [Resolved] padding problems

Home Forums Support padding problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    dasigna

hi there,

trying to set up a website on local enviroment (testing for a customer request) with generatepress an elementor…
    so far great combination and fun to use, but right now im running into a problem i cannot solve.

i’ll try to explain:
    setting for page with selected ‘pagebuilder integration’ checked for full with sections.
    setting in customizer layout for container, padding left + right is set to zero because otherwise the fullwidth-background-color of elementor leaves a blank space on both sides of the browser window with the amount of the padding…
    BUT – with this zero-padding left and right, the contend also has no padding when window gets narrower or when simulating mobile view!
    i can compensate this with padding within elementor for e.g. text but this still does not affect the blog and single blog pages.

when im setting a container padding everything is quite o.k. except the fact, that section-backgrounds set in elementor dont reach the borders of the viewport.
    without container padding the background stretches full with – even without selecting ‘boxed’ in elementor.
    again, contend collides with the borders without any general padding on narrow screens.

so the question seems to be either (needed) padding left and right for content in general without real full with backgrounds, or real fullwidth backgrounds from elementor, but no padding for content.

kinda stick in between without any clue! thats sad.
    hope this was understandable and someone has some clue to this …

thanks in advance for any help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yea, good point! I just made an adjustment that removes the padding when using full width content.

You can grab the latest version here: https://github.com/tomusborne/GeneratePress

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

dasigna

thanks for your fast reply tom.
    that issue nearly drove me crazy!

updated both referring files (style.css/style.unmin.css) and the padding in elementor ist gone, even when set in generatepress…
    BUT: now there is no padding at all for elementor sections on left and right side!
    this means that the set generatepress container width is used in elementor for content, and there is completely no padding on sides when it comes to mobile views… allright for blog sites by now (which is great), but i have to manipulate the container width and padding now for each elementor section manually (due to the lack of general setting in elementor for that)

… seems that we cant have the best of both worlds right now – or is there any solution in sight???

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would assume that Elementor would have padding options inside their settings? GP can’t predict the classes etc.. of page builders, so it’s kind of up to them to add their own padding options (I know most do).

If not, can you link me to a page using elementor? I should be able to give you some CSS that will do it πŸ™‚

dasigna

jep you’re right – they should have their own padding and container settings. which they have, but unfortunatly neither global nor per page, only per section (up till now).
    think i have to open another ticket on their support πŸ™‚

page that uses elementor? not the actual one which is only local till now, but another one that is buildt with another theme, maybe that helps: http://www.freibad-tannheim.de

see what you can do with it and thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is that homepage using Elementor? I’m not seeing any of their classes?

dasigna

homepage not, ‘aktuelles’ neither (aka blog) but all others do – should have mentioned i suppose πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can try some CSS like this:

.elementor-row {
        padding-left: 40px;
        padding-right: 40px;
    }
    dasigna

big thanks. i’ll try.

btw: have i read something somewhere NOT to use child themes with gp???
    something like ‘you cant update with it’ … not shure. the point is, i like childthemes to do such things for better overview and i already have yours you’ve provided here… any issues with that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No issues with using child themes at all.

The child themes on WordPress.org we have get updated sometimes, which means you can’t use them like regular child themes (adding custom code).

However, if you’re using the blank child theme, it will never be updated, which means your code will never get removed.

dasigna

… using blank child theme ‘generatepress_child’ – none from wp.org.
    so that should work as always i think.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yep, no problems there πŸ™‚

dasigna

hi tom – implemented and works like a charm (till elementors got an native solution!) πŸ™‚

thanks again, great support!

dasigna

… sorry, been happy too soon.
    doesnt work when e.g. wanting to have full witdh google map within section – of course! because you cant overwrite padding for that.

have to wait for elementor solution to get it really resoved i fear πŸ™

dasigna

fixed it with another little piece of code.
    hope, they’re gonna fix this soon within elementor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.