[Support request] Padding on page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Padding on page

Home Forums Support Padding on page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John

I am transferring from another theme to generatepress, working with elementor.
    I need to add padding to each page, without padding also the background and the hero image.
    I made screenshots of all situations, but just found out i can not attach them to this message.
    In short when using container padding within Generatepress all is padded and both columns originating from this padding are white. What i need to do is introduce padding on all elements, keeping the background as it is and the hero image at full width. Is that possible ?

Thanks,
    John

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The general practice when using a page builder is to use the page builder container setting to remove GP’s padding so that the page builder itself handles that:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Page hero has its own container settings so it shouldn’t be affected by that:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/#page-hero

If this doesn’t help, any chance you can link me to the site in question?

You can edit the original link and use the private URL field.

Thanks!

John

Hi Leo,

I understand that i ought to use a page builder to get this done. However on elementor, if i am correct, i need to do this for every widget on every page, so when having 60 pages on hand that is a huge task. Giving you the URL is not helpful because then you can only see the effect of one setting in GP. I have screenshots clearly indicating what i need to do. Is there no way to get these over to you ?

Thanks,
    John

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi John,

You can send screenshots to support@generatepress.com if you’d like.

The padding within the Elementor sections can’t be affected by GeneratePress itself. We only have control over the theme elements.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

From my understanding of your screenshots, Tom basically answered it above.

The padding within the Elementor sections can’t be affected by GeneratePress itself. We only have control over the theme elements.

I would have to see your website to be 100% sure.

You can edit the original link and use the private URL field.

Let me know 🙂

John

Hi Leo,

I understand what You and Tom are saying. However i think i am not looking for padding inside Elementor elements, but for a lind of container padding (i.e. outside the Elementor elements)
    The standard GP container padding creates white columns on the left a,nd right and also affects the large image intended to be full width.

Maybe i am searching for something that does not exist ?

The screenshots i sent are from a duplicate site, not the actual site i am working on.
    The URL is https://mijntestdomain.masbernadis.eu/blog/

Thanks,
    John

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m supposed to check the home page I assume?

If so everything is coming from Elementor so we cannot add GP padding to it.

Might be good to check with Elementor to see if they have a workaround solution or some sort.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.