[Support request] OVH and problem with as sign Licence

Home Forums Support [Support request] OVH and problem with as sign Licence

Home Forums Support OVH and problem with as sign Licence

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kasia

Hey!
    I have a problem assigning licenses on my site.

I get the message:

cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10003 milliseconds

Hosting support says that cURL is enabled and the rest is a matter of server settings on its own: “the described situation is not the result of an error, but only requires appropriate configuration on the client side.”

Please help!

My serwer config:

app.engine=php
    app.engine.version=7.2
    http.firewall=none
    environment=production
    container.image=stable
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

We’ve noticed this issue with OVH, unfortunately. Their servers are unable to communicate with our server to verify the license.

We’ve checked with our server and confirmed nothing is blocked on our end. It seems to be pretty consistent from OVH, so I’m assuming it’s something in their internal setup that’s preventing the communication.

The only workaround as of right now is manual updates: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-gp-premium/

Kasia

What could I try to change in the internal configuration?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure, unfortunately. I’m not a server expert, so I rely heavily on what our server techs tell me. I’ve reported this OVH issue to them, and they’ve confirmed that there’s nothing on our end blocking it.

If you report it to OVH, they might be able to investigate further (it will likely need to go beyond regular customer support).

Kasia

As I wrote: already contacted OVH in this case, in addition to more than once. They don’t want to solve this problem. They encourage paid Support, whose prices are not acceptable. There was no similar problem on another server, so I don’t see the reason to extort extra money.

At the end of the hosting period, I will consider changing it. I’ve been with OVH for almost 10 years, but the latest support policy has definitely changed for the worse.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perhaps I’ll try getting in touch with them as well, couldn’t hurt.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kasia

Thank you.

You don’t have to apologize, because it’s not your fault.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.