[Resolved] Overriding element spacing when using Page Builder (Site Origin)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Overriding element spacing when using Page Builder (Site Origin)

Home Forums Support Overriding element spacing when using Page Builder (Site Origin)

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Karen Myers

I’m using SiteOrigin’s Page Builder to build 300 pages of a music database (example page of old site: http://bluerose.karenlmyers.org/IncipitsEngelska1.html)

My problem lies in trying to override the GP Element Spacing within PB modules. See this page for an example of the excessive white space issue – http://bluerose.karenlmyers.org/wp/tune-categories/engelska-test/ (I’ve bordered every element in color to make the white space obvious). For this site, the GP element spacing is generally 40 px.

PB allows custom CSS to apply at the ROW level (Row Class and Cell Class), and at the MODULE level (Widget Class), but I can’t figure out what I need to do in the custom CSS to override the default GP element spacing.

I have asked SiteBuilder, but I’m now on day 8 with no response, so before I kick Page Builder to the curb and try Visual Composer, I thought you might know the answer.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Try adding this CSS:

.so-panel.widget {
          padding: 0;
    }
    Karen Myers

That did the trick – thanks very much!

You didn’t say whether it was a local CSS addition (to Row/Cell or Widget) or global, so I added it globally.

I do SO wish that vendors like Site Origin would provide a short list of prominent CSS style names that they use, to help people who need to do common modifications, like this. It would save quite a few support requests, I’m sure, from people just looking for the name of the style to modify.

Loving GP, BTW.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Definitely global ๐Ÿ™‚

If you’re ever interested in seeing class names etc.. you can right click and Inspect Element using Chrome – this will show you the structure and class names.

Glad you’re enjoying the theme! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.