[Support request] Over-ridding CSS

Home Forums Support Over-ridding CSS

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ashley

Hi Guys,

I’m somewhat bashing my head against a wall with a plugin developer over an issue with overriding CSS.

I’ve tried to work it out with them but it feels like they just don’t ‘get it’.

Basically it’s a simple plugin that pulls through elements from a CRM system my client is using. The plugin and their respective elements use Bootstrap and the plugin calls this remotely.

The issue being is that GP’s styles load fine but, then get overridden with these remote Boostrap styles.

Their solution is to go through GP and !important everything that is affected but I’m reluctant to do this for obvious reasons.

Is there a way we can gracefully integrate this plugin and the required bootstrap styles it needs so that it plays nicely with GP?
    Ideally, I’d like GP’s styles to take priority and not the other way around.

The issue should become apparent if you take a look at the supplied URL. You’ll see the styles displayed briefly and then overridden after around a second or so.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this depends on how accommodating the plugin developer is, one of our users shared this article:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/isolated-bootstrap/

Which allows you to isolate where bootstrap applies.

The other option is to dequeue bootstrap and write your own style sheet for the content. I am not sure what that entails but the bootstrap framework maybe overkill for what you need.

Ashley

Thanks David!

I’ll look into this and update when I find a solution.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.