[Resolved] Optimizing GeneratePress; Async Javascript has been removed from wordpress.org

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Optimizing GeneratePress; Async Javascript has been removed from wordpress.org

Home Forums Support Optimizing GeneratePress; Async Javascript has been removed from wordpress.org

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joe

Hi,

Tom posted a topic on optimizing GeneratePress that suggested using the Autoptimize and Async Javascript plugns. I installed both and got good speed on my website after a little tweaking. As of today on GTmetrix, Pagespeed is 100 and Yslow is 94.

I just got an alert in a Wordfence scan that Async JavaScript” has been removed from wordpress.org. I checked wordpress.org and this is correct, so I am a little concerned.

Is Async Javascript still safe to use? Do you have any suggestions for another plug in that does the same thing? Will appreciate your thoughts.

Joe B.

Joe

I finally went to the Clough I.T. website. The following notice is posted there:

Notice regarding our WordPress Async JavaScript Plugin:

On the 29th Sep, 2017 we were notified by WordPress that our Async JavaScript plugin had been temporarily removed from the WordPress.org Plugin Directory due to a variable not being correctly escaped which could (unlikely) be exploited. This was addressed and an update was submitted to the WordPress.org Plugin Directory within an hour of us being notified. This is awaiting review before the plugin will be available again (which according to WordPress could take up to 5 business days!).

I guess this addresses the issue. I’m interested in any thoughts you have.

Thanks,
    Joe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Joe,

I removed it from the article for now.

There’s likely other solutions out there now – I need to re-visit the article to make sure it’s an efficient as possible ๐Ÿ™‚

Joe

Hi Tom,

Async Javascript is back on WordPress.org. Here is the recent changelog:

FIX: Sanitise all $_REQUEST
    MOD: Remove notices

FIX: Sanitise all $_GET and all $_POST
    FIX: Add nonce to ajax calls

If there is a way I can find out what you conclude when you revisit the optimize GP article, i will appreciate it. I will tag this thread for an email reply.

Always a pleasure,

Joe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Kind of worrying that there wasn’t at least nonce checks in the first place.

If you’re looking for an all in one solution, I highly recommend WP Rocket.

Joe

Tom,

Here is what I plan to do:

*delete WP Supercache, Autoptomize and Async Javascript, and
    * try out WP-Rocket & probably try WP Rocket ASYNC CSS (to combine inline and external CSS in one file and save to WP Rocket’s cache folder. The description for WP Rocket ASYNC CSS is located at https://wordpress.org/plugins/rocket-async-css/

I will let you know the outcome.

Joe

Joe

Hi Tom,

WP Rocket worked out well and decreased page load time by 50%. Greayctips in the documentation too. Autoptimize and Async Javascript seemed to conflict, so I stopped using them. The only thingbI miss from Autoptimize is the abikity to stop the downloadingvof Google Fonts.

Joe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Cool! In GP, you can turn off Google Fonts by simply selecting one of the system fonts in the typography dropdown ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.