[Support request] Opinion on browser zoom

Home Forums Support [Support request] Opinion on browser zoom

Home Forums Support Opinion on browser zoom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Max

Hey there!

For a while now I have been fiddling with my own design of GP and have progressed quite a bit.
    The thing that has been bothering me for a while now is that I have mainly been working with a 133%-170% zoom level in Firefox using a 28” 4K screen with a WQHD resolution enabled and a 24” Full HD screen. On both the website, so the homepage and the according subpages look all right – at 133% that is, although I would rather let them be displayed at a 150% zoom level. On the 4k 28” screen at WQHD or 4K even 133% look quite small.
    Of course once you go to 100% most items will look even smaller which I noticed once I used a different PC/screen/resolution – call it a late newbie discovery.

Now my question is: What is the best way to go? Do I just enlarge everything to reach a certain kind of ratio and if so – what would be the best way to do it?
    Or should I just stick to the assumption that most users’ browsers will be zoomed in by default anyway like they mentioned here: https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/38316/how-do-you-handle-clients-browser-zoom

These days there is an increasing amount of WQHD and 4K screens out there so should that influence my design decision?
    I have reached a bit of an impass since have already put a substantial amount of time into the current look but feel like the homepage etc. elements should definitely be enlarged if the standard zoom level is around 100%.

So I am kind of appealing to your experience as web programmers/designers.

What do you think?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think the answers in that topic you linked to far outweigh any insight I could provide here. A lot went into some of those answers – they’re great.

I’ll leave this topic open in case anyone else wants to chime in 🙂

Max

Hi hi!

As an update: I decided on increasing the overall size of the container/text/headings etc. to make it look bigger on a 24” at 100% browser zoom. That might not be the most elegant solution but everything else seems to be too complicated at this point.
    I will also leave the topic open in case…well you have already mentioned why : )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.