[Resolved] offside toggle element help needed

Home Forums Support [Resolved] offside toggle element help needed

Home Forums Support offside toggle element help needed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    johnaps

Hello!

In the header there is a div.slideout-toggle element that is used automatically from offside.js file of gp.
    I have a problem cause i want to use that particular element (‘#masthead .slideout-toggle’) as a trigger for a custom menu i have made but i cant overide the click event handler set from your file!

Can you please offer me a workaround?
    For either
    1. disabling your click event handler for that specific element
    or better yet
    2. giving me a filter to change the headers toggle css classes with php? (or replacing the entire html element that is generated on header…)

Look for the element here if you want a visual to understand exactly which element i am talking about.
    #masthead -> .slideout-toggle

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so with your new custom menu – what happens to the current Off Canvas panel ?

johnaps

It opens the main selected off canvas panel i had set previously for my filter panel…

I tried using preventdefault on my click event handler to stop gp’s offside.js click handler from firing in that element i want as a trigger but it didnt work…

Any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You currently have the slideout-toggle element to open the Off Canvas Panel.

What do you want this toggle to do instead ?

johnaps

The slideout-toggle element inside the #masthead element isnt the only one on my pages…

There is another slideout-toggle later in the page where i use to for my filter offcanvas panel when the page is in smaller screen width…

First off let me start with, That i am trying to use your slideout-toggle inside #masthead, because it is already there… and i cant remove it…
    IF i could remove it, i would make my own trigger element, simple as that…

Now, so i wont repeat what i already wrote, please see where i am going with this by re-reading what i stated already, i think you must have got the gist of what i am trying to say here, now.

Hope i have given you a full picture!

I kindly await for your input!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So this element – just to be clear i have highlighted in this screenshot:

2022-09-14_11-30-45

That does not look like it was added by the Theme, it looks like a custom element hooked into the site header.
    If you don’t want it to open the GP Off Cavnas panel, then you would need to either:

a) disable the GP Off Canvas Panel

OR

b) replace the slideout-toggle class in its HTML for something else.

johnaps

That does not look like it was added by the Theme, it looks like a custom element hooked into the site header.
    I am not so sure about that David…
    I switched from my child theme to the original and as you can see in the screenshot below the same element is still there!

View post on imgur.com

And disabling the gp off canvas panel would not be an option cause of the ease of usability it has with the wordpress widget’s…

Does your mind go anywhere as to where from this element is coming from?
    And if yes, what can we do?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The GP Off Canvas Toggle lives inside the Primary Navigation and its HTML is completely different.

Is it in a Hook Element ?

johnaps

I am kinda slow it seems…
    Thank you very much David!

It was a hook you had gaven me for something years ago when i first purchased the theme!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.