[Resolved] Offset Sticky Header for anchor links for Elementor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Offset Sticky Header for anchor links for Elementor

Home Forums Support Offset Sticky Header for anchor links for Elementor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Raul

Hi Generatepress team,

I’had problem with offset sticky navigation for anchor links for Elementor. It all works well with generatepress only, but elementor has it’s own smooth scrolling and it glides over anchor links.
    I looked and tried many options and found solution (https://codepen.io/JoelEadeDesign/pen/RopEwR) what works at the moment. Do you approve it or am i doing it wrong?

body:not(.elementor-editor-active) .elementor-menu-anchor:before {
    content: “”;
    display:block;
    height: 50px; /* fixed header height*/
    margin: -50px 0 0; /* negative fixed header height */
    visibility: hidden;
    pointer-events: none;
    }

Kind regards,
    Raul

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It’s CSS so if it works then generally it’s ok.

Sounds like a better question for Elementor though.

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Raul

Hi Leo,

As I understand it’s Elementor problem. It’s not possible to disable smooth scroll on Elementor. I thought maybe you have a better solution.
    One page website design has become increasingly popular, especially because most of the web surfing has been done with mobile phones. Many people use your theme because it’s fast, well designed and known to be compatible with Elementor page builder.
    It’s a small problem but really annoying one. I looked your support forum and also Elementor one (their support is not as good and helpful as yours). I see it’s a common issue and there is not a good solution. Since you cooperate with Elementor I think you should come out with an easier solution.
    I tried javascript with wp_footer hook and different plugins. They work – link will scorll over the anchor and jump to the right place.
    So far the CSS I found and posted worked best for me. I know it’s a workaround, but maybe it will help someone.
    Thank you and keep up good work!
    Kind regards,
    Raul

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I could be wrong but sounds like the best solution would be for Elementor to add an option to disable their smooth function?

We appreciate all feedback as always ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.