[Resolved] Offset of posts archive ( pre_get_posts )

Home Forums Support Offset of posts archive ( pre_get_posts )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ben

Hi
    I have a hook that adds the latest 2 posts before the main list on blog archive (showing them large).

Is there a way to then offset the results below so that these 2 arent listed in the blog archive?

I’ve tried using pre_get_posts but it was giving strange results when clicking on the “Load more” button .

Can you recommend best way to do this, just on the blog archive, as I have a number of other CPT posts that I dont want effected.

Many thanks
    Ben

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

offsetting the list of posts is a nightmare in WP – as it generally screws up the forward pagination, which also applies to Load More.

Can you share a link to the site so i can take a look if theres an alternative solution?

You can edit your original topic and use the Site URL field to share the link privately.

Ben

link added to original topic, many thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok – not got any new ideas.

We did try this offset method with another user – they had some difficulties but had a different setup – maybe give this a try:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/magazine-grid-2/#post-1277319

Ben

wow, thats awesome. Initial tests and it seems to work. I’ll keep testing but for now it looks good. Many thanks David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Fingers crossed – hope it works 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.