[Resolved] Off canvas panel with mobile menu, also using split header hook

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Off canvas panel with mobile menu, also using split header hook

Home Forums Support Off canvas panel with mobile menu, also using split header hook

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jessica

is this possible? I still want the mobile menu to show on the right, as I previously had it, but now I’m using the triple column split header hook so I’m wondering if this is possible with widget shortcode maybe?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Not too sure what you mean. Do you want the logo centered on mobile?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Jessica

Sorry It was late when I sent that looking back it doesn’t make much sense. So I want to create a header something like this: https://www.gainsboroughwharf.com/

I used the tutorial here to split the header in three, made the logo in the middle and the social icon to the left all fine but I’m struggling with how to get the mobile burger menu into the right header widget area, still keeping the off-canvas panel – do you have any suggestions?

I’d also like to center the logo on mobile but when I do that using the code I found in another tutorial, the content goes directly underneath it, maybe I need to adjust some settings though.

Hope that’s more clear?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m seeing a centered logo with the off canvas toggle on the far right. I’m not seeing any icons on the far left, though?

To center it on mobile, try this:

.site-logo.mobile-header-logo {
        position: absolute;
        left: 50%;
        transform: translateX(-50%);
    }

#mobile-header .menu-toggle {
        margin-left: auto;
    }
    Jessica

Hiya again, apologies, I undid what I had done because it wasn’t working but will put it back up now so you can see, then you’ll hopefully be able to see what I mean? Also, the shortcode widgets were working before and now they seem to be not working, hope you can help?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The columns seem to be working, but the widgets aren’t. You’re using a widget shortcode, so I’m assuming you installed a plugin to make that work? Can you make sure that plugin is still active?

Jessica

Hiya, I have sorted the widget shortcode plugin, so now you can see what I mean – I’d like the menu in the top right to be the off canvas panel burger menu, rather than a usual menu. is there a way to do this? I have off canvas panel set up before on the usual header.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m seeing the off canvas panel toggle at the top right of the screen right now. Did you get this sorted?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Jessica

I’m using responsive menu plugin at the moment and just keeping the right side of the element empty, however, i’d prefer if I could use the generatepress menu and overlay as i much prefer it, can you recommend a way?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should be possible.

In your third header section, add this:

<?php if ( function_exists( 'generate_navigation_position' ) ) {
        generate_navigation_position();
    } ?>

Make sure “Execute PHP” is checked, and that you have a menu applied to the primary menu location in “Appearance > Menus”.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.