[Resolved] Off canvas Menu bug?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Off canvas Menu bug?

Home Forums Support Off canvas Menu bug?

• This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by epickenyan.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    epickenyan

Hi. I have set the off-canvas menu to appear at 1024px. So, in WordPress customiser, when I select the tablet mode, I saw this error http://prntscr.com/n72tam after opening and closing the off-canvas menu in tablet mode. It did not occur on refresh, but I am not sure what caused it. Have you experienced this before? I just activated the latest premium plugin beta.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not sure I understand – what’s the error?

I assume you’ve set the mobile header to appear at 1024px? The off-canvas menu doesn’t have an option to appear at a specific width.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

epickenyan

What I mean is, after closing the menu in the WordPress customiser, it showed in the grey area outside the customizer as shown in the image. Like to the right of the space dedicated to tablet mode. Might have been a browser issue.

Now to another issue, I checked my site using a real android tablet and the off-canvas menu is shown overlaying above the dropdown menu. Like I set it to pop from the right side but when you check on the left side, the dropdown menu shows but is greyed out due to the overlay.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you show me a larger screenshot that covers more area possibly?

Any chance you can show me a screenshot of the second issue as well? Feel free to email us the screenshots if you don’t want to expose anything: https://generatepress.com/contact

Just be sure to mention this topic.

epickenyan

1. I cannot replicate the issue anymore. It seems that was just a browser issue at that moment.
    2. Do you have an email you can provide instead? I cannot attach anything in that form you provided.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

make contact via the form and we will reply from then you can add any attachments. We just don’t like having the support email visible to all.

epickenyan

I have edited the original question and included a link to the screenshot in the website field. Check it out.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can’t replicate the problem. Could have just been a browser caching issue.

epickenyan

@david. Not really. I am using a 10-inch android tablet and the issue is recurring even if I clear the cache.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe I have this fixed. We’ll be releasing 1.8.0-rc.2 tomorrow with the fix. Would be awesome if you can try it and report back ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

epickenyan

I did not see the update…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can download the latest version from Accounts > Downloads on this Site.

epickenyan

But 1.8.0-rc.2 is not in the downloads section.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry my bad, looks like Tom hasn’t pushed the button for public release. I am sure it will be today.

epickenyan

Updated to latest rc2 update. The issue seems to be with chrome browser only. Found out the Litespeed Cache Plugins “Remove Query Strings” is what is causing the off-canvas menu to appear like the screenshot. Not sure why it is happening on chrome only. Also, this code to remove the query strings from Kinsta brings back the same issue. It seems there is a conflict between the canvas menu and query strings removal options.

function remove_query_strings() {
       if(!is_admin()) {
           add_filter('script_loader_src', 'remove_query_strings_split', 15);
           add_filter('style_loader_src', 'remove_query_strings_split', 15);
       }
    }

function remove_query_strings_split($src){
       $output = preg_split("/(&ver|\?ver)/", $src);
       return $output[0];
    }
    add_action('init', 'remove_query_strings');
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.