[Resolved] Off Canvas Cart Suggestion

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Off Canvas Cart Suggestion

Home Forums Support Off Canvas Cart Suggestion

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David

Hello guys! I am changing my Woocommerce store theme from “Basel” to GP as a recommendation from Mike Andreasen who seems to be a big fan of GP.

I have managed to replicate almost every functionality that I like from Basel from the guides and tips I found on this forum except for the one that I love the most, the Ajax Off Canvas Cart.

I found a few topics here about something similar but not quite the same. Could you please take a look at this link and add a product to the cart to see how it works?

https://demo.xtemos.com/basel/shop/man/coloured-jacket-basic/

Could you then recommend something like a plugin or tips on how to use the available GP functionalities to achieve this?

Thanks for your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi David,

GP does have an off canvas element, which you can add widgets to: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/activating-slide-out-navigation/

However, it’s not specifically built for WooCommerce, so it doesn’t open automatically when you add something to your cart.

This might be something you need to get custom made at this time, unfortunately.

We’re looking at various WooCommerce features for GPP 1.8 as well. I’ll take a look at adding something like this πŸ™‚

David

Ok thanks Tom.

So after that, I’ve managed to place the cart widget in the slideout navigation with the same layout I liked from “Basel”. I’ll get a developer to help me out with the custom functionality.

However, there’s one more thing getting on my way. Apparently the Cart Widget doesn’t work if you’re in the cart page or the checkout page, which makes sense I guess.

So, is there some way to disable the sideout menu when Im at any of those 2 pages?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Definitely!

Try this:

.woocommerce-cart .slideout-toggle, 
    .woocommerce-checkout .slideout-toggle {
        display: none;
    }
    David

LOL, didn’t think of that. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

David

NVM

Chad

I would really like to see this implemented into a future version. It allows for a great mobile experience.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’ve implemented a sort of off canvas cart feature when something is added to your cart in 1.8 πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.