[Resolved] Number of reviews behind stars on catalog page

Home Forums Support Number of reviews behind stars on catalog page

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by perlfan.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    perlfan

Hi there,

is there a way to make the number of reviews appear behind the stars on the catalog page (overview of all products)? That would be great. Thanks for help.

Frank

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What do you mean by “behind the stars”? Are there any examples you can link us to?

perlfan

Hi Tom,

I managed to display the review count behind the stars on my catalog page with php / css pieces which I found in a post from David (see below).

The only thing still missing is the link to the reviews (I’d like to link the review count on the catalog page to the reviews of the respective product, like amazon does it e.g.: https://www.amazon.de/s?k=phone&__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&ref=nb_sb_noss_2)

Thanks for help, Frank

add_filter( 'woocommerce_product_get_rating_html', function ( $html, $rating, $count ) {
    	global $product;
    	if ( $html && is_archive() && $product) {
    		$html .= sprintf( '<span class="review-count"> (%s)</span>', $product->get_rating_count() );
    	}

return $html;
    }, 10, 3 );
    .woocommerce ul.products li.product .star-rating {
        display: inline-block;
    }
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

no easy way to do that, as the Reviews form is part of the Tab Element. So you would need to simulate a click event on that tab when a specific URL # is loaded…. I had a look around stackoverflow and WP plugins to see if anything existed like that. Unfortunately nothing found. To do that would require custom development.

perlfan

I thought if Amazon can do it, you can do it… πŸ˜‰ Just kidding – I’m already happy about the review count that now appears next to the stars…
    Thanks, Frank

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Haha – well Amazon made it easy by not having the silly tabs that woo uses πŸ™‚

perlfan

Hate the tabs too!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.