[Resolved] Number of Posts per Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Number of Posts per Page

Home Forums Support Number of Posts per Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jim

Hi Tom. I saw that with GP, if the first post is set as featured, then the posts from the second page onwards do not align at the end. What I mean is, let’s say you have set two columns and the first post is featured. If you choose nine posts to show on the homepage, that will work perfectly on the first page, but on subsequent pages, a blank space will be left at the last instance like shown here (with the white space on the left being the second last post column on the page). The solution would be to make every first post on the subsequent page as featured (see this theme). Is that possible to achieve?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

not sure but if you want to set the blog up to show the featured post and share a link i can take a look to see what can be done.

The alternative is to change the number of posts on the first page, Tom provides a filter for that here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/blog-add-on-different-number-of-post-in-first-page-of-blog/#post-372928

Let me know.

Jim

Hi David. This solution worked! Thanks. I think these custom solutions should be maybe included somewhere in the docs as miscellaneous custom solutions.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help. Yeah we try to document the commonly asked questions so as it comes up more often i am sure we’ll be adding it in somewhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.