[Resolved] Not able to import demo site – Hostgator limits cannot be changed

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Not able to import demo site – Hostgator limits cannot be changed

Home Forums Support Not able to import demo site – Hostgator limits cannot be changed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Patricia

Hi;

When importing Aspire I get a 500 Internal server error.

I’ve searched the forum and found this info:

The following server settings can be increased to better allow GP to upload and process the import files.
    upload_max_filesize (256M)
    max_input_time (300)
    memory_limit (256M)
    max_execution_time (300)
    post_max_size (512M)

But Hostgator can’t increase limits on shared hosting:
    https://support.hostgator.com/articles/php-settings-that-cannot-be-changed

Unless I move the account to VPS or Dedicated Server, which I wouldn’t do just because of a demo site, we won’t be able to import.

They’ve also installed php-xml but still not working.

Any other way to upload the demo theme? Is it on some sort of .zip file I could upload?

Please help.

Thanks

Patri

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Oh Hostgator..

Can you try the Further Debugging step here?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/error-codes-importing/#further-debugging

It will allow us to know exactly what issue your server is running into.

Let me know 🙂

Patricia

Thanks.

I’ve added these two lines to wp-config.php:

define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );

Not sure how to proceed now. Is this something you do from your end?

Thanks again.

Patri

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If you can follow this part of the debugging guide, by accessing your server over FTP or asking your host for assistance:

Now you’ll find a file named debug.log in the wp-content folder on your server. Open this file, and look at the end for any errors.

Patricia

Ok, I spoke to Hostgator as I couldn’t find debug.log but they told me error_log would be the one to look for.

I found it and opened it, here’s what it says:

[06-Aug-2018 23:11:45 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/home1/name/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforms-lite/includes/class-frontend.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/name/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforms-lite/wpforms.php on line 311
    [06-Aug-2018 23:11:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home1/name/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforms-lite/includes/class-frontend.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/php55/lib/php’) in /home1/name/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforms-lite/wpforms.php on line 311
    [06-Aug-2018 23:11:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_user_logged_in() in /home1/name/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/endurance-page-cache.php on line 370

Is this what you need?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Tom will be away until later today.

What happens if you disable the plugins that were mentioned in the errors above?

Patricia

I did what you suggested but still, I get the 500 Internal Server Error.

Patricia

Success. I disabled all plugins except GeneratePress, Elementor and WP Posts.

No idea which one was causing the error, but it worked.

Thanks everyone.

Patri

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.