[Support request] Not able to create new sidebar on doing so the whole content is getting squeezed

Home Forums Support Not able to create new sidebar on doing so the whole content is getting squeezed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sheshan Pradhan

Customization > Layout > Sidebar >

Right now my website has only the content area
    But when I am trying to add a sidebar on the right side by changing bellow three options, the whole container or the content area is getting squeezed.
    And sidebar is also not appearing, what to do..?

Sidebar Layout > Content(No sidebar)
    Blog Sidebar Layout > Content(No sidebar)
    Single Post Sidebar Layout > Content(No sidebar)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Container width in Customizer > Layout > Container defines the total width of the main container which includes the sidebar width. You would need to increase the width of the Container to suit.

When adding a sidebar you need to add widgets to the sidebar for them to display.

Sheshan Pradhan

No, it didn’t work, even after changing the container width to 1600 px, the whole content area is still squeezed when I’m trying to add a sidebar, but normally it’s fine.
    And one more thing even after adding widgets, the added widgets are not showing in sidebar.
    Wish I could send you the screenshots.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you first disable your Cache Plugin to make sure you’re are seeing the update changes.
    If you can provide a link to where i can see the side bar problem.

To send screenshots you must provide us a URL to where you have the image saved, that can be on a Cloudshare drive, your WP Media Library or any Image Sharing service.

Sheshan Pradhan

Without any sidebar
    https://pscnotes.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/home-page-1.png

After applying sidebar (from customize > layout > sidebar)
    https://pscnotes.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/home-page.png

Sheshan Pradhan

Please help sir, it’s been two days my site is running without sidebars.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That looks like there’s a PHP error happening.

Does it continue to happen if you deactivate your other plugins?

Sheshan Pradhan

Well I’m not using any specific cache plugin. But the Wp Rocket plugin has a clearing cache option, so you want me to deactivate wp rocket? And then I have to check again.!

Sheshan Pradhan

πŸ™

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Tom has asked that you temporarily disable ALL other plugins apart from GP Premium to see if there is a conflict.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes, you have a PHP error happening on your website. The screen you’re seeing is the screen that WordPress creates when the wp_die() function is being used. This wouldn’t be from the theme, so it must be from one of your plugins or custom functions.

You need to deactivate those one at a time until the issue is resolved, so we can narrow down what’s causing it.

Sheshan Pradhan

Thank you so much for pointing out the problem,
    I am trying to deactivate each and every plugin and check it again.
    But have no idea about the custom function or that wp_die..
    Again, thank you πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – if you deactivate everything custom one by one, you should find the culprit. It’s there somewhere! πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.