[Resolved] not able to add sidebar in homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] not able to add sidebar in homepage

Home Forums Support not able to add sidebar in homepage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dassana

i have been trying to add right sidebar on the homepage by using the options for content/sidebar but not able to do so. i even deactivated the cache plugin yet the same problem. i am not sure what is causing this issue. i have activated the right sidebar option on the homepage but the sidebar is not seen.

regards
    dassana

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Just to confirm, you’re using the “Layout” metabox while editing the home page to set the sidebar?

dassana

initially “Layout” metabox was set to default. i have now changed the option to ‘content/sidebar’. i am also using the element section for homepage only where i have selected the option to ‘content/sidebar and have disabled the primary navigation. in the customize option, i have also enabled ‘content/sidebar for sidebar layout, blog sidebar layout and single sidebar layout options.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There are three ways to set the sidebar layout of a page.

1. Customize > Layout > Sidebars
    2. Appearance > Elements > Layout Element – this overwrites #1
    3. The “Layout” metabox while editing the page directly – this overwrites #2 and #3

Which method are you using for the home page?

dassana

i am using all three and have checked content/sidebar in all. even if 1 and 2 options are ruled out by the 3rd option, then too the sidebar should be seen. i hope i am doing it right. or do i have to disable any of the options.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The home page is still showing no sidebar as the selected layout.

Do you have any caching plugins enabled?

dassana

i had to redo the home page again and then was able to get the sidebar. thanks for all your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.