[Support request] No visible Page Header

Home Forums Support [Support request] No visible Page Header

Home Forums Support No visible Page Header

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sergio

Hi,

GP 1.7.7
    WP 5.0.2

Last week I activated a Page Header with a text, today I wanted to change the text but when I go in Elements I can not find anything.
    The text is always present in my pages but I do not have the possibility to make the change.
    How should I do?
    The line that I entered is located under the menu

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Elements, can you see a Legacy Page Headers tab?

Sergio

Hi,
    That page does not exist in legacy.
    My problem is just that, having no page, I do not know how to disable that line.
    I had created Page Header in September, I made all the updates of the WP and GP, last week I activated the page for the Christmas period, then I checked and I did not find anything.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So this Page Header, was it one that you set in the actual Page editor? If so add this PHP snippet and the meta box should return:

add_filter( 'generate_page_header_legacy_metabox', '__return_true' );

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Sergio

I entered the code in thema child, file functions.php
    In Elements, I do not see the page

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you see a “Page Headers” value in the modules list in “Appearance > GeneratePress”?

Sergio

In “Appearance> GeneratePress” the module was present, I deactivated the module, then I wanted to reactivate the Page Header module, but it disappeared, it is no longer in the list to activate the module.
    The writing on the pages is no longer visible, I need to be able to activate and deactivate to make the message appear

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Sergio

I entered the line, but it did not work.
    In Appearance> Generatepress, there is no trace of the Page Header module
    In Appearance> Elements there is no trace of Page Header
    In the pages of the site there is no longer the text I had entered
    Now I see to restore a backup before the Page Header disappears, then I activate the Page Header for the writing, I want to see if it disappears or if I had something wrong.
    Possibly what other solution can I use to be able to insert in all the pages that written under the menu?
    Because if the Page Header once activated, it disappears and is no longer editable

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

With that code added, you should see a “Legacy Page Headers” button near the top of the “Appearance > Elements” page. You won’t see it in the “Appearance > GeneratePress” area.

If you don’t see it, feel free to send us temporary admin login details and we’ll take a look: https://generatepress.com/contact

Be sure to mention this topic.

Thanks!

Sergio

In Appearance> Elements I see only 2 buttons
    Add article and Legacy Hooks, there is no Page Header

I see a backup restore and then I have to find a solution to make it appear on all pages

Sergio

I reset a bk
    in Appearance> Elements I find the 3 buttons, Add article, Page Header and Lagacy Hooks
    In Appearance> Generatepress there is the Page Header module
    On the pages there is the text I had inserted
    The restore bk had GP Premium 1.7.5, I activated and deactivated the page without any problem, the page did not disappear
    Now I upgrade to version 1.7.7, I want to try to disable the Page Header and let me reactivate it
    I do other tests and at the max I write here

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Once you disable Page Header, you won’t be able to re-activate it. That module has been discontinued in favor of the Elements module.

Before you deactivate it, you’ll want to migrate your Page Headers to the new Header Element: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/moving-hooks-page-headers-to-elements/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.