[Resolved] No image in FB upload

Home Forums Support [Resolved] No image in FB upload

Home Forums Support No image in FB upload

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shirley

Hi Tom,

When my blog posts upload to Facebook, the left hand box is blank, where other people have an image appear. Where do I insert an image when creating my blog post in your template so that Facebook will pick it up and display it? All blog posts lack the image in the left hand box.

Responses to a Writer

Thanks very much.

Shirley Parker

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Shirley,

I think for an image to automatically display, there has to be an image that is at least 200x200px on the page.

Otherwise, you can use a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wonderm00ns-simple-facebook-open-graph-tags/

Or you can choose your own photo to upload when adding the post (this is what I do on our FB page).

Shirley Parker

Thanks, Tom. I went ahead and set the featured image this time but will play with things a little bit more. I think I might need a plug-in as the FB upload is automatic. Maybe I should go back to what I used to do and add an image to the left or right of the first paragraph. I got away from doing that as it took too long to find something appropriate to the topic.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you do a search for it Facebook should have some useful tips as well 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.