[Resolved] No Google meta tags in header.php, Help!

Home Forums Support [Resolved] No Google meta tags in header.php, Help!

Home Forums Support No Google meta tags in header.php, Help!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Vyeruska

Hello, I want to remove the “verification token” from an email account added in my google search site. I checked the header.php in the Theme, but there is no meta tags from google, how can I find it?

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

How did you add the tag? Maybe using GP Hooks in the wp_head area?

Vyeruska

Hi Tom, I’ve never added a meta tag in my site. And I’ve never edited the theme. Google Search Site sending me an email and told me that I added a new owner. But i never did that. Although the other email account added is mine, I don’t want this email appear like an owner.
    So in Webmaster Central (from google) said that I can remove it, first unverified that email removing the Meta tag from my site.

Vyeruska

Also, there is a plugin from my hosting provider (GoDaddy) that I used long ago to verified my ownership. But I haven’t changed anything from that plugin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you never added anything to the theme, then there’s nothing to remove from it.

You may have to check the plugin settings to see if there’s a way you can remove ownership – it must have been done via plugin or a file on your server if you didn’t add anything to the theme.

Vyeruska

Hi Tom.
    I contacted “Webmaster Central Help Forum” (google), and they told me that I have duplicated 2 codes and theres is the meta tag tha I want to remove. They said that I must go to the html view and remove the duplicate code and the wrong code. But I don’t know how to do it. I checked all the theme editor but I can’t see this codes. Can you help me with this problem?

“From the source code of the home page:”

76: < meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”rJeXQXBV04NTOJM8Eqma5IY4XDd5sYY9Ih0o0NXqvc0″ />

79: < meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”rJeXQXBV04NTOJM8Eqma5IY4XDd5sYY9Ih0o0NXqvc0″ />
    < meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”qk9cEbhHPTcDZUpj1hkGWrL2ySgXiUnG-mMd1to-jow” />

Thanks
    πŸ˜€
    Thanks πŸ˜€

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Did you add any of these codes?

If you’re using GP, did you use GP Hooks to add one to the wp_head hook?

Are you using any plugins that may add the code? WordPress SEO by Yoast etc..?

Vyeruska

Oh yes, I used a WP SEO by Yoast, but I deleted after this problem. Accidentally I verified my google account when I was signed in another email. So the process said that the email is not correct or something like that. Then I log out from the incorrect email, and signed on the email linked with my google account. And I never notice a problem. The next day in my email (linked to google services like Adsense) I received a notification of them telling me that a new owner was added to my website.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m not too sure what’s going on then.

Is there an easy way to force remove verification and then re-add the correct email?

Vyeruska

I don’t know any easyway to do that. The incorrect meta tag is on the line #79 of my website, but I can’t see an editor HTML like in other sites, e.g. in Blogger. πŸ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you didn’t add it to the HTML yourself, then it’s being added by a function.

Try changing themes – is it still there? If so, a plugin is probably adding it.

Try deactivating your plugins one by one until it disappears as well.

Michaelrobbert

Nice, this helped me a lot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.