[Support request] No comments available

Home Forums Support [Support request] No comments available

Home Forums Support No comments available

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mathias

Hey there!

I have a problem with the comments function for my posts. Somehow there is no commenting possible since there´s not comment box available beneath my posts. I already made sure that the “allow comments” function is turned on for all of my posts (of course I updated the posts after that) but it still doesn´t work.

A good friend of mine who is a pretty talented web developer took a look on it but he also said he tried out all the things that came to his mind (he took a look on my plugins and stuff) but he also couldn´t solve this problem.

Has anybody a idea of how to solve this issue?

Thanks, Mathias

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s a bit strange.

Can you take a look at Dashboard > Settings > Discussion to see if the settings in there are all good to allow comments?

If not are you able to link us to the site?

Thanks!

Mathias

Hey Leo!

Thanks for your support! I think got a little bit closer to the solution now. I found out, that there appears a text “comments are closed” underneath my posts if I create a test-comment in the edit-page. It´s something I have to change in editor in the comments template. I already figured out this code:

<?php
    // If comments are closed and there are comments, let’s leave a little note, shall we?
    if ( ! comments_open() && ‘0’ != get_comments_number() && post_type_supports( get_post_type(), ‘comments’ ) ) :
    ?>
    <p class=”no-comments”><?php _e( ‘Comments are closed.’, ‘generatepress’ ); ?></p>
    <?php endif;

Since I´m no developer I have absolutely no idea how to remove that, but I think this is the problem.. Do you know what I can do about it now?

Thank you very much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I’m little confused. You shouldn’t have the modify that function for comments to show.

Can you create a test post and link me to it? Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.