[Resolved] No Colour In Custom CSS – Can't switch Visual/HTML tabs

Home Forums Support [Resolved] No Colour In Custom CSS – Can't switch Visual/HTML tabs

Home Forums Support No Colour In Custom CSS – Can't switch Visual/HTML tabs

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Mary Pearson.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mary Pearson

I have been having several problems with my christiangays.com website lately. The most noticeable is that I’ve lost the colour in my custom CSS files. I did a plugin test and no change, but when I change themes I get the colour back.

I see that I posted before about losing formatting after updating and the problem was my caching plugin so I have de-activated it, but still no colour in the custom CSS.

I also can’t switch from Visual tab to HTML tab but when I change themes I can.

Would appreciate your help.
    Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mary,

I’m not sure what you meant by no color in custom CSS?

GP wouldn’t stop your custom CSS from being read.

I am also seeing a lot of jQuery errors on that site. Looks like a lot of it is coming from buddypress.

Can you try deactivate all non-GP plugins?

Let me know.

Mary Pearson

Hi Leo,

I did a complete plugin test before writine, deactivated ALL plugins except GP and Simple Custom CSS. There was still no colour. What I mean by that is that on the CSS page the text is normally

/* grey */
    .blue {
    black: 1px green solid #blue; }

but with GP theme it is all black now.

You have given me a clue though by saying that you see lots of jquery errors. I recently compressed some files. I’ll bet that’s the origin of the problem. I will see what I can find out. Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any reason you are not using the Editor or GP’s color add-on to change the text color?

That CSS above also doesn’t really make any sense so I don’t think it should work in the first place?

Mary Pearson

I was just trying to give you an example since I can’t see how to send a screenshot. What I mean is that the

information between the /* */ tags is gray

the selectors are blue, example .main-title or .inside-navigation

the items like border, margin, padding, etc are black.

px is in green such as 1px

colours are in blue such as #000099

etc.

So until now I have had these items in colour but now they are black.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Like in the in the plugin itself?

Sounds like there is a syntax error somewhere.

Mary Pearson

Yes, like when I enter Custom CSS in the back end of the website, the colours are no longer there, but I think you have already given me the answer.

I think it must be from me minifying some of the javascript files. I just haven’t had time to find out which ones yet, but that’s what I’m going to work on now. I will leave the ticket open until I can let you know if/when I find out what the problem is.

Thank you Leo!

Mary Pearson

OK it took some looking but Leo, it was you who gave me guidance of what to look for. I had added the following to my functions.php file.

/*function to add async to all scripts*/
    function js_async_attr($tag){

# Do not add async to these scripts
    $scripts_to_exclude = array(‘https://christiangays.com/mary-content/themes/generatepress_child/js/fish.js’);

foreach($scripts_to_exclude as $exclude_script){
    if(true == strpos($tag, $exclude_script ) )
    return $tag;
    }

# Add async to all remaining scripts
    return str_replace( ‘ src’, ‘ async=”async” src’, $tag );
    }
    add_filter( ‘script_loader_tag’, ‘js_async_attr’, 10 );

When I removed it, voila, the website was back to normal. Can you see my coding error in it? I just copied and pasted from something I found online. I don’t really know what I’m doing.

Thanks!
    Mary

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t see anything wrong really, but it doesn’t look like it should be necessary either.

Mary Pearson

Thanks Tom. I was just trying to speed up my website.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Removing query strings will help your page speed rankings, but won’t actually improve page speed much 🙂

Mary Pearson

Thank you Tom!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.