[Support request] Next post burried in Read theme from site library – how to add next post again?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Next post burried in Read theme from site library – how to add next post again?

Home Forums Support Next post burried in Read theme from site library – how to add next post again?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Fernando.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alexander

I am using the Read theme from the site library. It works well for my client, with the exception of mobile view.

The problem is on mobile the next post 1,2…. “widget/button?” navigation is buried in the middle after the latest articles posts and then the featured article post widgets on the right hand side of the home page.

Normally this next post navigation would be displayed at the bottom of a page so the user just clicks to advance to the next section.

Because of the way Read is set up this is not possible on the mobile display. Preview of mobile on the computer does not highlight the problem. You can only see it on a mobile screen.

So when a reader gets down to the bottom of the mobile page – they do not have a navigation to proceed further into the site. Because it is buried higher up in the site.

I have tried adding a Next Post Gutenberg Block a the bottom and it adds fine, but it does not go to the next post, it goes to the next page (which is the styles page on my WP site – it does not go to the next post.

I am not sure how to fix this so that once the mobile reader reaches the bottom of the listed blog roll on the home page they can navigate further into the site?

I cannot see where to attach a photo to show what I am describing to you.
    I suppose I could add another menu to the bottom of the site, but this seems extreme, there must be a simpler solution.

Please advise

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Alexander,

By default, Read theme’s “Home Page Latest Articles” WPSP list has pagination disabled.

The option for Ajax Pagination where there is a Load more button is only available through WPSP pro.

For instance: https://share.getcloudapp.com/2NuzvYpg

One approach to address this is to probably hide the “sidebar” on mobile.

For example, you can add hide-on-mobile class to the 2nd Container Block of your Grid Block as such: https://share.getcloudapp.com/8LuDpB6l

Reference: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/responsive-display/#using-our-hide-on-classes

Hope this helps! 🙂

Alexander

Ok – thank you for the clarification. I will look at hiding for mobile.

Alex

Fernando
    Customer Support

No problem Alexander! Glad to be of assistance! Feel free to reach out anytime you’ll need assistance with anything else. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.