[Resolved] new website, should I wait for the Premium 1.11 stable release?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] new website, should I wait for the Premium 1.11 stable release?

Home Forums Support new website, should I wait for the Premium 1.11 stable release?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carlo

Hi there,

I want to move our websites from xtheme (pro) to generatepress pro.

I have started testing the purchased GP pro theme on a test environment and I am very excited to move forward 🙂

I see that GP the alpha release of GP pro will replace unsemantic grid with the new flexbox feature.

Since I am starting learning GP from scratch remaking one of our websites, would you suggest to
    – wait until the new stable release with the new Flexbox feature
    – start now directly with the new alpha release?
    – start now with the stable release with unsemantic grid?

P.S. Should it be useful, I have attached the url of the website (now in xtheme) I’d like to move to GP pro first.

Thank you.
    All the best. Carlo

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Welcome to GP Premium

The Flexbox replacement will occur in GeneratePress 3.0.
    The 1.11 Premium plugin update includes changes in preparation for 3.0.

The transition between Unsemantic and Flexbox will be seemless. It will remove the unsenantic.css style sheet and the numerous grid classes the theme relied on. In its place it will simply use Flexbox CSS with no messy classes.

So you could start today with Unsemantic version and then switch to flex when 3.0 is released.

We don’t recommend using an alpha/beta release on a live site.
    But if you’re re-building from a staging server or development environment then i would say it should be fine to.

Carlo

Thank you David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.