- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by David.
March 21, 2019 at 9:03 pm #846219Peter
I’ve purchased GP Premium and I’m looking to set up our Magazine style Blog, we wanted to use Elementor and Pro Wp show Posts Pro.
I have a couple of Install and compatibility questions.
1. If I want to use GP Premium & Elementor Pro whats the best way to set that up so they work well together?
2. How do the GP Modules work in conjunction with a plugin like Elementor?
3. Should I turn on the modules if using a program like Elementor?
3. Does Wp Show Posts Pro work well with both GP Premium & Elementor Pro?
We like the Dispatch theme which uses Wp show Posts but we wanted to modify it using Elementor Pro or build something similar.
some examples would be having a featured article in the blog be similar in design layout as this page.
Another feature would be to show a video loop on a featured post on a listing page or cover page as shown here.
On a side note would you be able to point me in the right direction in regards of getting help to set things up as far a people or companies you trust or recommend for a small independent project such as this.
ThanksGP Premium 1.7.8March 22, 2019 at 4:53 am #846399DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. Elementor works with GP without any required setup. There are some user preferences that people apply but not needed. Such as:
a. disabling elementor default fonts and colors
b. Use GP layout Element to disable theme elements instead of using the Elementor Canvas.
c. Use GP Hook Element to conditionally display Elementor content
2. GP Modules apply to theme elements, so if you are only using Elementor for creating page content then yes they apply. If you decide to replace theme elements with elementor then the applicable modules will be made redundant.
3. Back to point 2 really. Always question can i do this with the Theme and its modules or should i and can i build this in Elementor and what would the benefit of doing so.
4. Yep WP Show Posts works great with GP and GP + Elementor. Although Elementor Pro users may choose to use their Post Widget.
In regards to Dispatch, yes you could replicate most of that using Elementor. I am not sure what the benefit would be. Its pretty simple to set-up and is fully documented on how to make it your own.
The large full screen hero image for that post could be done with the GP Header Element:
Featured Image video would require a plugin, not something i have looked into and i think most plugins to do this are premium and may require some integration.
Looking for help, then our FB community might be a good place to start:
We’re more than happy to help people setting up their site or making changes so feel free to ask.March 22, 2019 at 5:56 am #846444Peter
For your detailed response, I have a better understanding now of how these tools work. It’s also given me some insight into checking out what the current theme can do before going to a third party plugin etc..
If I have any further questions I’ll give you guys a shout 🙂March 22, 2019 at 6:00 am #846450
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.