[Resolved] New Page Header in Custom Taxonomy Archives

Home Forums Support [Resolved] New Page Header in Custom Taxonomy Archives

Home Forums Support New Page Header in Custom Taxonomy Archives

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    AMBTL

Hi guys,

The new page header is a fantastic update, thank you very much, it’s extremely useful.

It works nicely for me in custom post archives, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to use them in custom taxonomy archives.

I see the page header option for standard taxonomy terms, categories and tags, but that is setting a page header for each term, one by one. The thing is, I don’t have this option for any of the custom taxonomies that I created with Toolset (I checked Screen Options, there’s nothing there).

Also, as I have lots and lots of hierarchical taxonomy terms, I would very much prefer to set the headers globally for each custom taxonomy archive and use template tags for displaying the current taxonomy term. (I suppose I could achieve the latter part also with a Toolset shortcode).

I think it wouldn’t be feasible for me to set up a header for each single term anyway, so the lack of this option in custom taxonomy terms doesn’t worry me so much. But setting global headers for custom taxonomy archives would be absolutely cool.

Perhaps I am missing something?

Cheers,
    Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Tom,

Glad you’re enjoying it!

I agree – this is something that’s currently missing. I will absolutely look into adding it πŸ™‚

AMBTL

Thanks a lot, Tom. Looking forward to it πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Tom

AMBTL

Hi Tom,

I’d like to bump this thread πŸ™‚
    Are there any chances that we might get global taxonomy page headers in the foreseeable future?
    I’m about to launch my site, and I can’t deny that custom taxonomy headers would be very helpful πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    T.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m trying to get it into GPP 1.5 πŸ™‚

AMBTL

Cool, thanks a lot Tom πŸ™‚

GL

Not to be a nag…. the page header update is fantastic! I like the advanced options for changing the navigation colors as well (maybe that been there but I never noticed?) I noticed though, when I change nav color but have sticky menu enabled, the sticky menu stays with its default styling. I think that should be something to change under advanced options as well.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The sticky nav definitely stays as is, as the page header options only apply to elements within the page header. Since the sticky nav roams outside of the page header, the options don’t apply to it.

Bas

Would love to see this function soon. Using SiteOrigin Custom Post Types and it would be great to style the headers for the different Taxonomys

AMBTL

Hmmm… looks like global custom taxonomy headers didn’t make it into 1.5 πŸ˜‰ At least not into the alpha version…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not yet! πŸ™‚

Bas

Give it some time πŸ˜‰ He probably is working hard to get it done. Great theme and premiums Tom!

AMBTL

YES, YES, YES!

It works now in beta.1! As far as I can see at the moment, no issues. Looking forward to the regular release, so that I can implement it in the live site.

Best news of the day.

Thanks a lot, Tom!

I noticed it is not possible yet to set headers for individual custom taxonomy terms, as it is for tags, but hopefully that will come too. For me, global archive headers were more important but doing it for terms sometimes may also be useful.

(now the one and only thing that I kind of miss in GP are advanced site header options: fixed-transparent with dark/light logo swap after scroll πŸ™‚ ).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You should be able to set them for individual terms – just edit the term and you’ll see the Page Header select box.

You can set a transparent header using Page Headers, then you can use the sticky menu which retains the original colors πŸ™‚

AMBTL

You should be able to set them for individual terms – just edit the term and you’ll see the Page Header select box.

Nope. It doesn’t work that way with any custom taxonomy terms which I created with Toolset.

I know exactly what you mean, because it works that way with standard tags and categories. This select box appears also in the “Add new tag/category” screen.

But on custom taxonomy term pages that select box does not appear. Neither when adding new terms, nor when editing existing ones. I checked Screen Options, and there is nothing hidden.

I have the Yoast box there, Description, Parent, Slug, but not the Page Header select box.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.