[Resolved] New Feature asked : for hooks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] New Feature asked : for hooks

Home Forums Support New Feature asked : for hooks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sebastien

Hi,

I’ve sadly discovered https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/using-hook-from-custom-wp-block/ that we can’t use HOOK for block:
    * neither calling a block (with datas matched to a page) into a hook,
    * or calling a hook into a block (doing the hook only when the Block is called : when the page contained the Block is loaded).

My plan was to create custom WP Gutenberg Block.
    Then select this block & complete data for a selected page.
    And the be able to use hook into this block..
    The idea was to position this block into the header using hook (as I use to do with GP Hook element or Hook php + html.).

My question is: is there any plan to add this feature in next versions? is there any other way to call dedicated data of a WP Block that are saved into a page? : I want to call in php datas of a WP block that I’ve saved into a page.

thanks for your help!

bye ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so to be clear – you want to be able to create/edit a block within the gutenberg editor and instead of it displaying in the content it will be displayed in a hook?

Sebastien

Hi David,

That’s the result I’m looking for.
    Another method to reach this aim could be to use a function like get_post_field but dedicated for Block Post field(instead of post field) in order to get the data of a block field for a specific post : but I did not find it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unless i am missing something you could achieve that result using Custom Fields and outputting them to a hook. I think adding the block is just complicating matters.

Sebastien

In fact, that’s definitly the simplest solution !
    Thanks David,

any new about the ETA of the GP Prenium new release (with SVG icon instead of font) ?? =)

byyye

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help ๐Ÿ™‚

GPP icons are still scheduled for 1.9 which is in development. Can’t give an exact timeframe at this moment though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.