[Support request] New Block Elements with Classic Editor/Siteorigin

Home Forums Support [Support request] New Block Elements with Classic Editor/Siteorigin

Home Forums Support New Block Elements with Classic Editor/Siteorigin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anthony

So, unfortunately, I just can’t get away from the classic editor. For whatever reason, I cannot stand Gutenberg.

(And this may be why I’m having this problem)

When I create a Hook Block Element I see now I can use Siteorigin Pagebuilder instead of just Plain HTML (Great!).

The problem is that it’s not outputting all the CSS from the page builder onto the front-end. So, I reached out to Siteorigin to see what was happening and their response was this:

So this issue is caused by the styling of the widgets not being output. GeneratePress might be outputting this area directly rather than running the standard content filters.

This is a general issue with how they’re rendering the content. They ideally should be running the content through the_content filter to allow for our (and other) plugins to treat this area as the main content area.

The problem can be seen at the bottom of the website I’ve attached to this forum topic. Here’s a screenshot of the problem so you can find it easier: https://snipboard.io/2jtHTQ.jpg

That’s supposed to be a 4 column row with all the columns stretched and justified to be even in width and height (If you navigate to any other page on the website outside of the blog, and scroll to the bottom you can see what it’s supposed to look like).

Is this something that can be fixed or something that would work if I uninstalled the Classic Editor Plugin?

Thank you,
    -Anthony

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Block Element wasn’t built to be used with any other builder – only Gutenberg.

You may want to test it out with GenerateBlocks – maybe it’ll change your mind about gutenberg.

https://generateblocks.com

Alternatively save your Pagebuilder template and add it to the site using its shortcode and our Hook element.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.