[Support request] need to redesign my website

Home Forums Support need to redesign my website

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Michael

need to redesign my site so there are boxes for each of the different products in the middle of the page, under the header where it says featured products. I need instructions on how to line up boxes on my homepage. Will probably need 24 in total for different products. Please advise how I can do this. If you have a video that would be helpful

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand but are you trying to achieve something like Prime?
    https://gpsites.co/prime/

If so you will need a plugin like WooCommerce blocks.

Let me know 🙂

Michael

(link removed).
    please look at their home page.
    I don’t want to get involved with woo commerce. It’s not an e-commerce website. I just need to create boxes (or blocks) on the page that when you click on a block, it takes you to the product page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup I would recommend using Gutenberg editor so you can use a plugin like WooCommerce blocks.

Michael

it’s not an e-commerce site.

I definitely don’t want to use woo commerce or Gutenberg editor. Isn’t there a way to layout the homepage where I can have different boxes laid out three or four in a row down the page without having to do all of that?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Gutenberg columns is what I would suggest and it’s the new recommended way to create columns.

Otherwise it will take a bit of custom coding to make it look good which I’m not sure if you are comfortable with?

If not then you can also consider using a page builder.

Michael

I’ve been trying to work with Elementor but there seems to be some kind of an issue where it is not showing online. It it is a known issue with some themes and I’m hoping that generate press is not an issue.

I followed all the suggestions they gave me here -https://docs.elementor.com/article/204-my-changes-do-not-appear-online

nothing seems to work.Have you had problems with elementor?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s likely a caching issue.

Have you tried clearing and disabling LiteSpeed Cache?

We haven’t had this issue reported before and GP + Elementor is by far the most popular combo among our users 🙂

Michael

I disabled lightspeed cache but it did not help, how do I clear it?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m familiar with Lightspeed cache as I don’t use it.

But usually it would have a clear or purge option.

Which page are you using Elementor?

Michael

(link removed) but it’s still showing the old design.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would recommend checking with your host to see if there are any hard caching going on.

You can also do a test by switching to a default twenty series WP theme, if that still doesn’t work then maybe ask Elementor’s support to make sure you aren’t doing something wrong.

There isn’t anything in GP that would prevent it from showing.

Michael

okay I was able to fix the issue and I’m usually able to design everything myself but it appears that I’m going to need help with laying everything out. Do you offer that service or can you recommend someone who is inexpensive that can help me with this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry we don’t offer custom development service.

I would recommend joining our Facebook group GeneratePress community. There are quite a few developers there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.