[Resolved] Need sub menu on click as it looks on hover?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Need sub menu on click as it looks on hover?

Home Forums Support Need sub menu on click as it looks on hover?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Hi GP peeps,

I have been searching the forum but cannot seem to find an answer to my needs.

I have a pretty standard menu, with sub menus I want to display on click to the right. When in hover mode, it is absolutely perfect, but on-click with the CSS code below causes the sub menu to be shifted right with blank spaces to the left and the background seems to be transparent (the menu items only appearing once I hover over them).

Is there a way to get the on-click to look exactly like it does on hover please?

The code I tried is below, but as mentioned above, I don’t appear to be doing something right.

Appreciate any help you can give me πŸ™‚

Thanks & kind regards

Bob

.dropdown-click .main-navigation ul ul ul,
    .dropdown-click .secondary-navigation ul ul ul {
    left: 100% !important;
    top: 0;
    position: absolute;
    }
    .dropdown-click .main-navigation ul ul .dropdown-menu-toggle:before,
    .dropdown-click .secondary-navigation ul ul .dropdown-menu-toggle:before,
    .dropdown-click .main-navigation ul ul .menu-item-has-children.sfHover>a .dropdown-menu-toggle:before {
    content: “\f105”;
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation you can select Navigation Drop Down options, which includes two click options… Let em know

Bob

Hi David,

Yes I found those thank you, however I may not have explained it properly. When Hover is selected, the sub menu flies out to the right showing the subs with no spaces on the main section of the dropdown.

But IF I select either of the other options, the main dropdown has gaps where the sub items are meant to be and although it shifts them to the right, the background appears to be transparent (despite being correct in colour settings) and they seem invisible until hovered over?

I’m puzzled – Have attached link to example of what I get when I use the CSS. Hope this helps explain it.

Thanks….. Bob

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WDcxJh9Eh3o8CuKwPA9X0Bdd2WhVnoTQ/view?usp=sharing

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i am having one of those days lol – i made a screen recording to show you what i am currently seeing…

https://www.useloom.com/share/40f346799b5b4479b36a4e9bde9863ab

Bob

Sorry David,

My fault, published the change now so you can see πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah ok – need more coffee. Try this CSS:

.dropdown-click .main-navigation ul ul ul, .dropdown-click .secondary-navigation ul ul ul {
        left: 100% !important;
        top: 0 !important;
        position: absolute !important;
        background-color: #777; /* change color */
    }
    Bob

You, Sir, are a genius! – no coffee required!

Thank you so much! Works great!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we got there in the end πŸ™‚

Ben

I’m using the CSS that David provided above, and it works well on the main menu. However it also appears to break the slideout menu… It stops you from opening a sub-menu within a sub-menu. Is it possible to restrict the above CSS so that it only has any effect on the main menu, and not the slideout menu?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try replacing .main-navigation in his code with this: .main-navigation:not(.slideout-navigation)?

Ben

Perfect, thank you Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.