[Support request] Need Help Hiding an Element by Clicking a Button or Image

Home Forums Support [Support request] Need Help Hiding an Element by Clicking a Button or Image

Home Forums Support Need Help Hiding an Element by Clicking a Button or Image

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Reggie

Hey There!

I’m using GeneratePress along with Elementor.

I crated a Cookie Notice at the top of a page with a button and an icon that I’d like to use be able to be clicked on to hide the message.

Page: https://inleadsmg.com/lp/get-new-clients/

I’ve tried dropping in an html box (for the html + js) and tried using the css editor for the individual section that I want to close, but I know I have the coding wrong.

I understand that this may be outside of the scope of the support I can get here, but I’ve been desperately scouring google to figure out how to do this – No Success.

If you cannot help, but could point me in the right direction, I’d be forever grateful!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reggie

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Javascript is required to hide an element on click unfortunately.

I’d recommend checking with Elementor to see if they have a ready-made solution for that as the element is created by the plugin.

If not it might be simpler to just use a cookies plugin instead of creating it yourself.

Hope this helps 🙂

Reggie

Thanks, Leo.

I reached out to Elementor first and they basically told me they couldn’t help and to go hire a developer.

I was hoping that it was some simple JavaScript, HTML, and CSS I could plugin to make it work as opposed to adding another plugin.

If you can’t assist with that, I completely understand. I’ll try to find and figure it out.

Thanks for the quick reply & have an Amazing week!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the complicated part is remembering and recalling a users previous actions.
    You would need to store a cookie based upon a users previous decisions to decide whether the notice should be displayed in the first place. Unless you want the user to have to dismiss the notice on every page refresh.

Personally i would use a plugin. Any code that would be developed would be pretty much the same as that used in a plugin anyway.

Reggie

When you put it that way… it makes perfect sense! A plugin it is.

I really appreciate the support you guys provide.

You’d be surprised how common the response of “it’s beyond the scope of support we provide” or “you need to hire a developer” is.

I will forever and gladly buy whatever products and/services that you guys offer!

Thanks Again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.