[Resolved] Necessary to disable GP's built-in schema when using recipe and SEO plugins?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Necessary to disable GP's built-in schema when using recipe and SEO plugins?

Home Forums Support Necessary to disable GP's built-in schema when using recipe and SEO plugins?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Thanks for creating a great theme!

I’m in the process of transferring two sites to GP Pro:
    -One has both recipes and standard blog articles. I have the WP Recipe Maker and Yoast plugins installed.
    -The other has no recipes, just standard blog articles. I have the Yoast plugin installed.

To avoid confusing search engines in either or both of these cases, is it necessary for me to disable GP’s built-in schema? Or, can I leave GP’s schema enabled without any likely negative SEO-related effects?

I’ve seen instructions for disabling the built-in schema elsewhere in the forums, so no explanation of that needed; I’m just trying to avoid another plugin or child theme unless necessary or highly recommended.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi David,

I don’t believe it is necessary but probably a good idea as Tom suggested here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/schema-generator/#post-1138535

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Dave

Leo,
    Many thanks for your input, and for the link to Tom’s opinion on a similar case. Looks like adding the code snippets plugin may be worth it.
    Dave

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.