[Support request] Navigation Search CSS Wrong Only on Search Results Page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Navigation Search CSS Wrong Only on Search Results Page

Home Forums Support Navigation Search CSS Wrong Only on Search Results Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Weatherly

On all the other pages its lined up properly. But we were getting terrible search results (as is usual for WordPress) and so installed Relevanssi. As far as I know this shouldn’t effect the css but something is wrong. It seems to break the nav bars somehow. If the Search button lines up on all the other pages it doesn’t line up on the Search Results page. But if I try and fix it there it breaks elsewhere. Any ideas how I can fix this so we can have a decent working search?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you fixed this?

I’m not seeing the issue: https://www.screencast.com/t/Z801cWIZ9

Let me know if I’m missing something ๐Ÿ™‚

Weatherly

No. It’s the button itself not the bar: the little hour glass thing. If you type in a name that is on the site (Davis for instance) the page reloads to get to the search results with the little hour glass suddenly bumping the top of the nav bar instead of centered top to bottom.

I tried to fix but then the hour glass lined up on the search page but was no longer properly placed on the other pages.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i notice that when you go to the search page, all of your links/meta/scripts that should be located in the <head> are forced into the <body>

Can you try disabling any plugins you have and see if one of them is causing the issue?

Weatherly

It didn’t start til I activated Relevannsi as far as I can tell. The trouble is we need the plugin or we get no search results. We are also using Staff List Pro, and without Relevannsi all the content from that is ignored in search results.

The odd thing though is I have used Relevannsi with GeneratePress several times before and it never caused this. (I’ve contacted them too just in case).

But it seems to be something about Relevannsi, Generatepress and the Staff List Pro that is clashing. ๐Ÿ™ And the if Staff List is the root they are the least responsive in support and very critical part of site!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this CSS as a temporary fix for the nav icon, whilst you wait for feedback from the plugin autors:

.search-item a:before {
        line-height: 49px !important;
    }
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.