[Resolved] Navigation Menu – Removing entries from the mobile layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Navigation Menu – Removing entries from the mobile layout

Home Forums Support Navigation Menu – Removing entries from the mobile layout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James

Hello again! I want to thank you for your help earlier but I have a new question that may or may not even be related to the theme. Forgive me if this is the incorrect place.

I’m setting up a site and I’ve created a menu to serve as the navigation. Most of the pages are nested in under “#” links and it works perfectly for the desktop version of the site. My problem is that this functionality carries over into the mobile version where it’s proving to be fairly intrusive. What I’d like to do is set it up such that there are no nested pages on the mobile version and instead show it as you would the navigation normally, with only the pages being visible.

I’m attaching some pictures that hopefully make more sense than I feel like I could.

The mobile layout with the navigation menu in the center. I’d like to change Menu to say Navigation but that’s not a big deal. Otherwise perfect and exactly the way we want it.

What happens when you tap the menu to bring up the navigation. This is how it looks on the desktop version except upon mouseover of the relevant category it’ll display the pages nested within. Clicking on any of the categories simply reloads the page adding “#” to the url.

This is what I would like to actually have when viewing the site via mobile. Remove the categories entirely and instead offering just the pages that were previously nested with sorting being done by the normal WordPress page hierarchy system.

I hope that makes sense and thank you again for your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, kind of a tough one!

It’s not really possible to hide the parent items, as the child items are within the parents. So if you hide the parent item, the children go with it.

I do have plans to allow users to specify a different menu to display on mobile – just not quite there yet.

For now though, this plugin may work better for you: https://wordpress.org/plugins/generate-legacy-mobile-menu/

It will allow you to tap the parent item to show the child items – it won’t refresh the page.

I’ll see if I can come up with any other solutions in the meantime ๐Ÿ™‚

James

Thank you that would work perfectly!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.