[Resolved] Navigation positioning query

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Navigation positioning query

Home Forums Support Navigation positioning query

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Stevie

Hi guys
    I’m still designing on a test site here before switching my main bizz site to GP.
    I would love to see a function added to allow placing navigation elements to the left and right as well as below a centered Header logo.
    Then to have all elements render in to one long drop-down to be also visible on sticky menu..
    It’s a neat feature in some Genesis themes which I would love to see in GP. Perhaps there’s a CSS trick for it?
    The current options of floating either left or right simply pushes the header the opposite direction.
    Also while though the secondary navigation looks good enough above header, the sticky navigation option only adds the primary navigation bar, though I’ve tried some of the css suggestions here but they look messy and overlap etc. If only both menu elements could join together when scrolling down or there was a function to place navigation as suggested above.
    Anyway just some thoughts on improving the otherwise perfect GP

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Any chance you can show me an example of the look you’re going for? I’m having trouble picturing it.

It should be possible in GP.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Stevie

Thanks Tom
    Here’s the link to give you an idea. When you minimize the browser to mobile size, you can see them all
    neatly falling in to place as a single drop down menu. Exactly the type of navigation I’m looking for.
    It appears to add the secondary navigation ( above logo) in as well.
    https://my.studiopress.com/themes/refined/#demo-full

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Aha, it will take some tweaking, especially if you have a lot of menu items, but this article should give you a good start: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/centering-logo-navigation/

Let me know once it’s implemented and we’ll finish it up πŸ™‚

Stevie

Thanks Tom, I’ll have a go

Stevie

Hi Tom
    Did the tweaking. Split the secondary navigation as suggested with the ‘using the header’ option. It worked but doesn’t look so good with my preferred logo size. That may require some changing of the default CSS you provided, so I’ll keep working on that.
    More importantly – the menus don’t combine in mobile mode, with or without sticky option enabled.
    I see this rolling of ‘menus into one’ for mobile, on many sites these days and it would be a great addition to GP layout options. It would be great to have a ‘combine menu option’ in a future update of the premium plugin.( including the sticky menu). To me it looks neater to have only the one menu on mobile.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you’re using the Mobile Header, this might help: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/different-mobile-menu/#post-183877

Let me know πŸ™‚

Stevie

thanks Tom
    Do those php functions combine the two menus when viewed on a mobile device ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No, but they do allow you to create a separate menu for the mobile header. That means you can add/configure all of your menu items into one big mobile menu.

The off-canvas panel is another option, it allows you to create a separate menu that you can add as many menu items to as needed.

Stevie

ahh – got it. Thanks for that Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.