[Resolved] Navigation dissappears when i have Submenu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Navigation dissappears when i have Submenu

Home Forums Support Navigation dissappears when i have Submenu

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Oliver

Hello, i followed the steps to use my navigation as header like shown here.

It works fine until i add submenu-items like in the menu-Item “Unternehmen” on my website. Then the Menu-Header starts to flicker or disappears at all, especially when i klick on a submenu-item or scroll the page down. How can i fix this?

Note: The Issue only happens when the submenu opens on mouseover, not when it is set to “click on menu item”.

Oliver

Note: The issue only appears in google chrome…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it doesn’t like the Elementor created Heading Overlay you have, probably because of the negative margin used to move it up the page. If i remove the negative margin or force it off the page then the problem goes away.

Oliver

Yes, you are right! I found a workaround: I removed the overlay-effect and added a transparency to the title instead, now it works even with the negative margin. Thanks a lot for your great and very helpful support!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats great. Glad i could be of help.

Pete

Sorry. I have the same issue, but don’t understand the overlay fix?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

would you mind raising a new topic where you can share a Site URL privately. We can then give you 100% attention.

Pete

I’m developing locally.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We’re gonna do a lot of shooting in the dark to diagnose without being able to see the site.

Are you also using Elementor to create the content below the navigation ?

Pete

Yes. My merged menu (transparent) is a header element over smart slider 3 laid out with elementor. My issue is the same as described above. As soon as I added sub menus w/ rollover, the menu flickers on and off and sometimes disappears altogether. If I change to click to display or remove the sub menus it goes away. I use this to position my menu where I want it:

.main-navigation ul {
    padding-top: 10px;
    }

.main-nav {
    position: relative;
    top: 20px;
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try increasing the z-index of the merged header with this CSS:

.header-wrap {
        z-index: 10000;
    }
    Pete

Hmmm. Well it worked, but then I deleted the css you gave me and it still worked (all caches cleared). I wonder if toggling on and off the hover function reset it? Weird. Thank you for your help. I may come back to this topic if it acts up again – and the site is live and you have something to look at. Thanks for the help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem glad to hear its resolved ( for now 🙂 )

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.