[Resolved] Naviation menu changed after update 1.2.9

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Naviation menu changed after update 1.2.9

Home Forums Support Naviation menu changed after update 1.2.9

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vedran Mutic

Dear all,

This morning I updated the GP theme from 1.2.8 to 1.2.9 and noticed that the navigation menu on the website is now the same as the one for mobile devices, i.e. a clickable drop-down menu. When I go to customization of the site, it shows the “normal” one, otherwise mobile. The same thing happens when previewing some custom CSS code (also when commenting it out, i.e. completely removing it from the system) – it shows the “normal” navigation bar, not the drop-down menu.

The site is: http://www.kadrasonic.com

Could someone give me a suggestion what went wrong? Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Best regards, V.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

In 1.2.9, we added the mobile media query to the call for the stylesheet. This enables us to change the mobile breakpoint easily.

What I didn’t consider is that caching/minifying plugins completely ignore the media query made within the call to the file, which sucks.

I’ll be releasing a new version today which reverts back to the mobile query within the file (which makes it non editable).

For now, you can go into your caching/minifying plugin and ignore the mobile.css file – this will fix your problem.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Vedran Mutic

Hey Tom,

First of all – thanks for replying so quickly!

Second – I will have to wait out the newer version, since I cannot seem to find the option to bypass the mobile.css within caching plugin’s settings.

Thank you again.

Best regards, V.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The new version has been submitted to WP.org – just a matter of getting reviewed and pushed live now.

What caching plugin are you using?

It’s a shame these caching plugins don’t ignore styles with a media query, as this option would have made it possible to easily change the mobile breakpoint. I’ll have to chat with some of these caching plugin developers.

Vedran Mutic

Great news! I consider this resolved then.

I use W3 Total Cache v. 0.9.4.1.

Best regards, V.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Turning off CSS minification will fix it until the update is released.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.