[Support request] Nav Search doesn't work

Home Forums Support [Support request] Nav Search doesn't work

Home Forums Support Nav Search doesn't work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dave

I am guessing it might be a conflict with another plugin – but I can’t figure it out. The nav search magnifying glass displays, but when clicked, it doesn’t bring up the search bar. I have tried removing all custom CSS and that doesn’t fix it.

The site is in development, so its on a subdomain right now – dev.northwestfiretraining.com

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dave,

Did you resolve this? Appears to be working for me.

Let me know 🙂

Dave

Hey Tom, it fixed because I found the plugin conflict. I had Generate Legacy Mobile Menu installed and it was causing the search bar to not work. I deactivated it and the search bar works, however I still want the feature that Legacy Mobile Menu provides. Is there a way to activate it without having the conflict?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can I ask what about that plugin you like? I was considering pulling it from WP.org as the mobile navigation has considerably changed since then.

Let me know 🙂

Dave

I have custom CSS that removes those arrows from the main nav menu where a menu item has a submenu. When I do that CSS thought, it disables the ability for those menus to open and show the sub menus in mobile. The legacy plugin made those menus open properly on mobile devices. Is there another way to do that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just testing this out, the navigation search is working for me even with Generate Legacy Mobile Menu activated.

Can you link me to your site with the plugin activated so I can see what the exact issue is?

Dave

Yup just did. The plugin is activated and I checked and the issue is still happening with the nav search.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, it looks like you have the mobile header activated.

The Mobile Header feature isn’t compatible with the legacy plugin currently.

I’ll take a look at it to see if I can add compatibility, but for now you can disable the mobile header if you need the legacy functionality.

Dave

I just checked my Customize settings and Mobile Header is disabled. I’ve never turned it on. Is there somewhere else where that setting could have been enabled?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, can you make sure you’re using GP Premium 1.2.90?

Dave

I am using 1.2.83. I went to my account and tried downloading the update, but when I go to install the zip file, it says there’s an error and can’t update. I have tried multiple times.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What’s the error say?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think I found the fix to the incompatibility with the legacy menu, it will be included in the next update.

If you want to contact me through the contact page I can send you the latest files 🙂

Dave

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /homepages/43/d622919337/htdocs/dev/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/

Plugin install failed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah yea, you need to delete the old GP Premium plugin first.

No point doing it with the version you have – there’s a bug dealing with the legacy menu.

Shoot me an email and I’ll send you the updated version 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.