[Support request] Nav Menu #

Home Forums Support [Support request] Nav Menu #

Home Forums Support Nav Menu #

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

Hi,

Is it possible to remove the arrow v that indicates a Sub-menu item is available from the Primary navigation? I can’t find the option in the Customiser so I guess that’s not possible without some CSS?

Also, I’d like to mirror the HELP nav drop down on GP site. I know how to drop the menu “on click” but how do I maintain the url on the primary link so it points to the page I’m on? Hope that makes sense?

Thanks
    Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This CSS should remove the dropdown toggle:

.main-navigation ul ul.sub-menu,
    .menu-item-has-children .dropdown-menu-toggle{
        display: none;
    }
    .main-navigation .main-nav ul li.menu-item-has-children > a {
        padding-right: 15px;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

As for parent menu item link, this should help:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#custom-link

Stephen

Thanks Leo, much appreciated. All good.

On a side note, it looks weird displaying the I pointer/icon instead of the hand icon when you hover on the top menu item.

What I found interesting is that if you keep the # in the url field and then click on the top menu item in the browser the sub-menu opens and stays open, even if you scroll the page, which looks a bit naff. I’m using a sticky header, that might be the cause? However, if you remove the # from the custom link and then click on the top menu item the sub-menu disappears immediately when you move your mouse, which looks and works better? Perhaps this could be added to a future release?

So in short, it would be best to use the #/hand but not have a fixed open sub-menu 🙂

Thanks
    Steve

Stephen

Oh, I left both options on my site nav so you can see the issue if your interested.

Hmm… I’m going to remove the # from both fields as it looks more odd having a fixed sub-menu that won’t go away by itself.

Steve

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Perhaps you should go with the click option?

We assume that when hover is used, the parent menu item won’t be clicked – people don’t usually click on the parent menu item when the submenu item already shows on hover.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.