[Resolved] my site got messed up, the host said it's GP theme due to wordpress update.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] my site got messed up, the host said it's GP theme due to wordpress update.

Home Forums Support my site got messed up, the host said it's GP theme due to wordpress update.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bill

So i have the things in the wrong place and no edit in the wordpress top bar.
    Bill

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am running multiple sites on the latest version of WP, and generatepress is also, with no issues. And with around 200,000 active installs we are pretty certain that any of the issues you may be experiencing are not related to the theme. Hosts do like to pass the blame – but glad to see you got your site back up again.

So the Admin bar is missing the edit feature?
    This is core feature of WP – the theme doesn’t interact with it at all.

Could be a plugin conflict. Can you try disabling plugins to see if one of them is creating the conflict. ( Don’t worry none of the settings will be lost – they will return when the plugins are re-activated ).

Bill

Hi, Check it out http://www.ijump.online there are many issues and i tryed plugin by plugin , so if you cant help, I’ll start a new site I guess.
    Bill

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The main issue i see is that there is a problem with the Cached style sheets.
    Can you flush any cache plugins you have, if the problem persists flush them again and disable the plugin let me know.

Bill

I deactivated all and emptied cache but no luck.
    Thanks anyway.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am still seeing cached files that are being called for.
    Can you check with your host if there is a Server cache and how that can be flushed.
    They should be able to see the errors in the developer console on the about page.

Bill

Did that too. Maybe I deleted a plugin that was needed. Thanks anyway but I have started a new site.
    regards

Bill

I am looking at the catalyst theme but can i add a few sliders on a page?
    Bill

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup you will first need a slider plugin.

My recommendation would be Smart Slider 3 🙂

Might be good to open a new topic if you need more help on this.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.